The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from June 11-12.
Two Men Arrested in Copper Heist
At around 2:16 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of people stealing copper from Webster Industries on Pulaski Street. The caller stated he saw two white males about 20 years old head off with a crowbar into the woods and then entered a creme colored van.
Police eventually caught up with the suspects and made two arrests.
Police arrested Brandon Kenniston, 24, of 22B Walker Road, and Jeffery K. Knorr, Jr., 25, of 14 Abbott St., Salem. Both were charged with larceny over $250, trespassing, disorderly conduct, malicious destruction and possession of burglarious implements (burglary tools).
Tuesday, June 11
- 4:53 p.m. a Lowell Street bank reported attempted fraud. A Melrose bank also reported the same scam.
- 7:51 p.m. a caller on Northend Street reported that her son was assaulted at the YMCA. The mother was advised to seek relief with the counselor at the YMCA.
Wednesday, June 12
- 1:20 a.m. a caller reported that her ex-boyfriend came in through the window and assaulted her on Warren Street. An officer reports there was a verbal dispute between the caller and her ex-boyfriend.
- 6:53 p.m. a motor vehicle accident was reported on Lowell Street. No injuries were reported. One vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 7:52 a.m. police arrested Lee Brewer, 45, of 22 County St., on Allen Street. Brewer was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and operating an unregistered motor vehicle. He was also arrested on two warrants.
- 10:09 a.m. an officer reported that someone may have attempted to break into a construction truck on Olsen Road.
- 10:22 a.m. a neighbor reported a past assault on Veterans Memorial Drive. Police arrested Gary Williams, 31, of 27 1/2 Sagamore St., Lynn. Williams was charged with assault and battery on a household member and intimidation of a witness.
- 10:24 a.m. a detective stopped a vehicle after it drove through a construction zone. A female driver had been driving down Main Street when she drove through a construction zone and damaged her vehicle. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
For any questions on this log email firstname.lastname@example.org.