The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the press log from Sept. 7-9.
Friday, Sept. 7
- 2:14 p.m. reported a larceny at a Bowditch Street residence. An officer said PMLP shut off the electric meter the day before and then someone cut the lock and opened it. The reading itself, however, had not changed.
- 3:14 p.m. Police assisted the Fire Department with a forced entry into an Oakland Street home. Police said there was an alarm sounding and water pumping out of the residence. An officer reported a toilet had overflowed and flooded the house.
- 5:18 p.m. Police received a report of an intoxicated male driving erratically on Route 114 before pulling up outside and entering the restaurant. A caller said the male, who was wearing an Irish cap, khaki shorts and a white button down shirt, fumbled around inside and ended up sitting inside a motor vehicle outside. A taxi was called, but officer said the man found his own ride.
- 5:44 p.m. James M. Miller, 43, of 4 Merrimack St., Nashua, N.H., was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lake and Pine streets. He was charged with failure to stop or yield, driving with a suspended license, in an unregistered vehicle and on a straight warrant out of Newburyport District Court.
- 5:53 p.m. A caller at reported his blackberry was stolen from the store.
- 5:54 p.m. Employees at Sephora reported a past shoplifting. Someone stole 13 bottles of fragrances worth a total of $1,014.
- 6:53 p.m. A passerby reported witnessing a loud argument between some youths at Pierpont Park. An officer spoke with individuals at the scene and they said a male juvenile, who was a passenger in a car, removed a knife from his pocket, gesturing with it at another male in the park. They said he did not directly threaten anyone with the knife. Police said they would be on the lookout for the vehicle.
- 11:03 p.m. A caller reported he lost his car key while at the Northshore Mall. He returned home to grab a spare key, but when he returned, there was a Macy's shopping bag with merchandise missing from his car.
Saturday, Sept. 8
- 12:17 a.m. A caller on Lake Street reported four men were using leaf blowers to clean the parking lot across the street. Police were unable to locate the individuals.
- 7:54 a.m. One female was transported to Salem Hospital, following a report of an assault at a Washington Street apartment. No further details were available.
- 10:12 a.m. A caller reported he came across a pickup truck behind the plaza at 300 Andover St. and the truck fled the area when he approached it. He believed the suspects were trying to dump items back there.
- 10:54 a.m. A caller at the Holiday Inn reported a male exposed himself. No further details were available.
- 11:56 a.m. State police requested an ambulance for a man experiencing a seizure while behind the wheel of his car in the area of Route 128 or I-95. Police eventually located the vehicle on I-95 after the man's 12-year-old son had safely guided it off the highway. A 46-year-old man was transported to . .
- 1:15 p.m. A female reported her iPhone was stolen while she was at a wedding function at Spinelli's the night before.
- 2:30 p.m. A caller at reported a theft in the apple orchard. A 24-year-old Salem man and a 34-year-old Everett man were both issued summonses for larceny under $250. The initial report did not indicate what they were accused of stealing.
- 6:33 p.m. A caller at the Tannery Apartments on Crowninshield Street reported a tan-colored sedan was covered in insiects. Police said there were only a few flies on thev vehicle, nothing suspicious.
- 6:39 p.m. A caller on Harvard Street reported she just returned from vacation and wanted to report an attempted break-in to her house house. She said someone had popped the screen on her screen door, and the kitchen door was broken as though someone attempted to kick it in.
- 10:50 p.m. Daniel N. Sargent, 24, of 54 Pearl Ave., Revere, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
Sunday, Sept. 9
- 9:23 a.m. Michael C. Mahoney, 52, of 657 Lowell St., Peabody, was arrested at his home, following a report of a domestic disturbance. He was charged with domestic assault, disorderly conduct and making threats (to murder).
- 1:48 p.m. A caller reported a loud noise coming from the . Police said the noise was coming from the roof. A janitor was notified to check out the problem.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.