If you're planning on attending the funeral this morning or standing along the procession route to the church, here's what you need to know, courtesy of the .
- The funeral service is Friday at 10 a.m. at , located at 16 Church St. (the service would have been held at if not for interior renovations going on).
- Police say that from 7 a.m. to approximately noon, Lowell Street from Sawyer Road to Peabody Square will be closed.
- From approximately 9-10:30 a.m. expect multiple streets along the funeral procession route to be closed.
- The route (see the map) begins at at 82 Lynn St. and processes down to Washington Street, turning left onto Foster Street and down to Peabody Square, then up Lowell Street to School Street and into the church parking lot.
- Streets along and around the processional route may be closed during this time frame. Motorists should expect traffic delays.
- Some parking will be available at or near the church, but additional parking will be at the and . A bus will provide transportation to the church.
In addition to the from across the country and Canada expected to attend the funeral, a number of more local dignitaries will also be in attendance.
Peabody police say the latest list includes Gov. Deval Patrick, Lt. Gov. Tim Murray, state Speaker of the House Tom DeLeo, state Senate President Therese Murray and senators Fred Berry and Stephen Brewer, U.S. Congressman John Tierney, Deputy Director Roger Lowe for U.S. Sen. John Kerry, state Reps. John Keenan, Ted Speliotis, Joyce Spiliotis and Jerry Parisella, Mayor Michael Bonfanti and Mayor-elect Ted Bettencourt.