The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from Feb. 5-6.
Sunday, Feb. 5
- 3:25 p.m. Employees at the reported a man in his 50s or 60s was making inappropriate comments to people in the gym. The man was described as white with gray hair, about six feet tall and wearing a black Jack Daniels shirt. Staff said he left the gym with another Y member.
- 9:40 p.m. A caller at a Sabino Farm Road apartment reported she heard a neighbor calling for help. Police said the neighbor was fine and just watching the Super Bowl.
Monday, Feb. 6
- 12:23 a.m. Patrick Murphy, 18, of 747 Lowell St., Peabody, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, following a report of a car accident on Leblanc Drive. Police received a call that a car struck a tree.
- 9:37 a.m. A caller at on Main Street reported a shoplifting. The caller said a mustached white male clad in black pants and a black hooded sweatshirt took items from the store and fled on foot toward Caller Street.
- 11:15 a.m. A resident reported receiving a fraudulent credit card statement.
- 11:51 a.m. A juvenile at was issued a summons by the school resource officer on two counts of malicious destruction of property under $250 and causing a school disturbance.
- 1:39 p.m. A Lowell Street resident reported a 2000 GMC Envoy was stolen from the person's driveway earlier that day.
- 1:59 p.m. Gionvanny Pena-Vittini, 42, of 50 Trinity Ave. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Main Street near . He was charged with driving with a suspended license, a revoked registration, operating an uninsured vehicle and attaching plates.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.