Here are the highlights, for one reason or another, from the pages of the press log this past week.
- 3:02 a.m. A 18-year-old Salem male was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street near . He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and a marked lanes violation.
- 11:34 p.m. Police received a report of intoxicated youths in the area of Downing and Price roads. An officer reported there were "no nefarious occurances." The youths just running around.
- 5:43 a.m. Management at the reported a female guest who was hosting a private party was acting suspiciously. Police found a small amount of marijuana on her and issued her a civil citation.
- 6:40 p.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of the woods on fire off Sunset Drive. Police said Engines 1 and 5 were at the scene until 8:07 p.m. Some areas in Lynn were still burning, but the area was secure for the night.
- 7:10 p.m. Police received a report of an erratic operator on Lynn Street. Police stopped the car at the corner of Spring Pond Road and reported the driver was not impaired, he was driving a low-riding vehicle and was trying to avoid potholes so as to not bottom out his car.
- 12:25 p.m. A 27-year-old Peabody man was arrested on an outstanding warrant after turning himself in at . The warrant charges were for multiple counts of assault and battery.
- 12:36 p.m. A 29-year-old Danvers man was arrested on two counts of possession of a Class B drug after detectives checked the area of on reports of drug activity.
- 2:37 a.m. A caller reported he passed a man that appeared to be unconscious on someone's front lawn on Washington Street. Police located the man who refused medical attention. Police said he found his friends and was going home.
- 2:05 p.m. A 37-year-old Lynn man was arrested, following a report of a suspicious person at the . Police stopped a blue 1999 Toyota Corolla driven by the man near Macy's. He was charged with two counts each of identity fraud and forgery of a document, along with forging or uttering a forged credit credit card and uttering a false document.
- 2:49 p.m. A 34-year-old Danvers man was transported to Mass. General Hospital in Boston after his Harley Davidson collided with a freight truck on Lynnfield Street. The 32-year-old Methuen man driving the truck was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when making a U-turn.
- 5:44 p.m. A 49-year-old Peabody man was arrested, following a car accident on Railroad Avenue. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. A caller said the man's car struck another car and a fence.
- 3:46 p.m. A 17-year-old Peabody male was arrested, following a report of a burglary at a Bartholomew Street home. He was charged with four counts each of breaking and entering for a felony and receiving stolen property over $250. Both the victim and a neighbor reported seeing a black 2007 Nissan Altima leave the area. Police then stopped the car at the Sunoco gas station on Lynn Street. A 19-year-old Walsh Avenue male was also issued a summons for receiving stolen property over $250. Police then received a report of a past break-in to a Scenic Road home at 5:42 p.m. Police said entry was gained via an unlocked window and the resident would compile a list of the missing items to forward along. Police indicated the younger teen was suspected of that burglary as well as a past break-in at an Oak Avenue home. Again entry was made via an unlocked window.
- 6:18 p.m. Police received a report of a possibly intoxicated, shirtless white male wearing blue jeans and carrying a bottle of liquor on Magnolia Way. An officer spoke to the male, who was outside listening to music and advised him he could not drink outside and listen to music loudly. He was warned further police action would be taken if the problem persisted.
- 7:28 p.m. A caller reported a male was causing a disturbance outside a Magnolia Way residence. The caller said he was standing near a purple pickup truck with loud music playing and throwing trash and punching the Dumpster. The male was described as shirtless, with a skinny build and tatoos. Police said the male, a 29-year-old resident, would be staying in his brother's apartment for the night. The initial report was unclear if it was the same male from the earlier call.
- 1:34 p.m. A caller at reported an associate was being sexually harassed. An officer documented the incident. No further details were available.
- 5:37 p.m. A man reported he lost $6,700 in cash belonging to his business sometime last night, and today an employee said he had picked it up and has it at his residence. The owner asked for an officer to accompany him and the employee while they went to the employee's residence to pick up the money. Boston police were notified and responded to the request.
- 7:38 p.m. A 30-year-old Ipswich man was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street near CVS. He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, possession of a Class A substance and driving with a suspended license. Police received a report of an erratic operator on Lynn Street in a white Chevrolet SUV. The caller said the vehicle was swerving side-to-side, almost hit a tree and was crossing over the yellow line into oncoming traffic. Police stopped the white 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe in the parking lot at CVS and arrested the driver.
- 8:02 a.m. A caller on Catherine Drive reported his car was egged overnight. A window was left open and egg and trash were put inside the vehicle as well.
- 1:10 p.m. A Bartholomew Street resident reported someone in a Tru Green truck threw trash out of the window. The vehicle was last seen heading toward Lynnfield Street. Officers spoke with a 29-year-old Salem, N.H. man and told him that if he did throw trash out of the truck, to discontinue the habit.
- 1:52 p.m. An 82-year-old Shore Drive resident reported that since February she had received about 100 phone calls, claiming she won the lottery. She believed the calls were a scam though and did not give any of her information out.