Here are the highlights, for one reason or another, from the pages of the press log this week.
- 8:06 p.m. Police received a call from an employee of stating a man stole a plush animal offered as a prize.
- 7:15 p.m. A driver called police to tell them he saw a man driving a grey Buick Century, waving a gun around. Police found the person and said it was a youth with an Air Soft weapon. The officer said the gun was clearly marked as a toy.
- 11:05 a.m. A resident near Harris and Tremont streets reported a male in army fatigues carrying a handgun. Police found a juvenile playing with an Air Soft gun.
- 11:39 p.m. Water balloons were thrown at passing cars on Lowell Street.
- 10:51 a.m. A resident of Benevento Circle reported hearing someone calling for help. Officers found a small child locked in a garage.
- 2:01 p.m. Two juveniles reported they found a purse on the near the Hannaford Plaza. They said they saw two others drop the purse and run from the area. An officer said two females and a male were seen leaving the area -- the females headed toward Russell Street while the male headed back to . Police said $83 was taken out of the purse and it was thrown behind a building where the other two juveniles found it.
- 5:41 p.m. A caller on Ellsworth Road reported she found a fish head, cat food and milk on her vehicle. An officer said there was no damage to the vehicle and the woman had washed it all off.
- 4:10 p.m. Police received a report of a female pedestrian who was hit by a car near on Main Street. The suspect vehicle described as a small white car heading toward the . Police said the witness didn't actually see the accident or the pedestrian get hit by the vehicle, although a 73-year-old Lynnfield woman was transported to Salem Hospital. Police later said the woman was not struck by the car.
- 7:15 p.m. A male pedestrian was struck by a black 2010 Honda Civic at the corner of Proctor and Margin streets. A 25-year-old Salem man was transported to Salem Hospital. The 24-year-old Peabody man driving the Honda Civic was citied for passing a vehicle while it was stopped for a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
- 11:44 a.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported a male was throwing rocks at cars that were making illegal U-turns. Police checked out the scene and said no rocks were actually thrown.
- 8:33 p.m. A 26-year-old Peabody man was arrested, following a motor vehicle accident at the corner of Lowell and Baldwin streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. Police said his car went off into the woods and the man then exited the vehicle and took off on foot.
- 8:09 a.m. Police received a report of a male that appears to be under the influence on Foster Street. He was described as a white male with a shaved head and wearing a red long sleeved shirt and black pants and no shoes. Officers located the man on Main Street and he told them he wasn't intoxicated and was going back to Salem.
- 10:59 a.m. Police responded to a report of a rollover accident at 66 Andover St. Three vehicles were involved in the accident and all towed from the scene. Police said one female was able to exit the upturned vehicle on her own and did not appear to be seriously injured. One man and two women were all transported to Salem Hospital with injuries.