The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Oct. 12-13.
Wednesday, Oct. 12
- 4:11 p.m. A caller on Aborn Street reported a past break-in. Police said the burglar kicked the door off the frame to the residence and stole $200 worth of assorted sterling silver.
- 7 p.m. A 21-year-old Danvers woman was issued a summons for larceny under $250, following a report of credit card fraud by a Peabody resident.
- 7:43 p.m. Police received a report of a car break-in outside Joe's American Bar & Grill. The driver's side window was smashed and a GPS device was taken.
- 9:34 p.m. William J. Decotis, 25, of 35 Hampshire Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Washington Street near . Decotis was charged with giving a false name and address to a police officer, a marked lanes violation and a subsequent offense of driving with a suspended license.
- 11:33 p.m. Police responded to a report of a possible domestic situation at a Balgreen Drive residence. Officers said there was an argument over moving a plant. Both individuals went to bed.
Thursday, Oct. 13
- 9:13 a.m. An employee at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street reported an unwanted male had been in the store for the past 20 minutes. Police said the man was looking for a ride to the bus stop.
- 9:56 a.m. A caller at Golden Brook Inc. on Summit Street reported someone stole six propane tanks from the property.
- 10:12 a.m. A caller at a Washington Street residence reported an unwanted male was sleeping in the basement. The man was sent on his way by police.
- 10:41 a.m. Police responded to a report of a car break-in outside Workout World.
- 12:30 p.m. A caller on Dana Road reported a possible rabid skunk was in his yard. The animal was gone by the time the Animal Control Officer arrived.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.