The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 25.
Tuesday, Dec. 25
- At 4:10 a.m., police escorted a confused elderly man to his Newbury Street residence. He had been outside wandering in a t-shirt and no shoes.
- At 5:32 a.m., police responded to a water main break at 19 South Shore Ave. They reported the incident to the Department of Public Works.
- At 10:39 a.m., police helped State Police with a motor vehicle accident at 128 and Centennial. There were no injuries reported.
- At 11 a.m., police responded to a hit-and-run with injuries at 232 Newbury St. The incident involved four cars.
- At 1 p.m., a woman reported that while she was in Town Variety at 116 Central St., someone entered her vehicle and stole her purse.
- At 1:59 p.m., there was a report of a power outage at 18 Longwood Ave.
- At 4:31 p.m., police responded to a report of a fight on Dooling Circle. Two persons will be summonsed to court for domestic assault and battery.
- At 8:25 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at 35 Cross St. No injuries were reported.
- At 8:48 p.m., police responded to a report of an attempted break-in on Surrey Lane. However, police could find no evidence of forced entry.
- At 10:05 p.m., police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at 52 Margin St. The vehicle had been parked on the sidewalk with the keys in the ignition. At 11:47 p.m. the owner informed police it had not been stolen, just borrowed by his aunt.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.