The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct 1-2.
Monday, Oct. 1
- 3:39 p.m. A caller at the Main Branch Library reported some vandalism to the building. Someone shot out the glass of the front door with a pellet gun sometime since Friday.
- 4:52 p.m. A caller on Clooney Terrace reported an ongoing problem with a neighbor throwing trash in the street. An officer spoke to the suspect and his mother and they said the trash would be picked up.
- 6:42 p.m. A 43-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for two counts of larceny under $250 and trespassing after allegedly breaking into his neighbor's apartment. Police received a report of a man who broke into an apartment at 111R Main St. through a window, stole money and threatened a female who lives there, The woman was evaluated by EMTs for a panic or anxiety attack and transported to Salem Hospital. Police initially identified the suspect as homeless, but later came back with an address at the same apartment building. Police said the man reportedly had keys to the residence.
- 7:39 p.m. A caller at an Elm Street apartment reported her older sister attacked her younger sister. Police said the fight was over a bag of chips and that there was shoving and hitting on both sides.
- 7:52 p.m. Two females walked into the station to report they saw a man lying on the ground next a pole and screaming for police. The man was at the corner of Hingston and Washington streets. An officer checked the area and found one man who said he was heading home and there were no problems.
- 8:22 p.m. A car struck a pole on Lowell Street at the corner of Priscilla Lane, trapping the driver inside. See related story.
- 11:31 p.m. Eric M. Frechette, 38, of 19 Nancy Ave., Peabody, was arrested for domestic assault, malicious damage to a motor vehicle and intimidating a witness, following a report of a domestic incident at Four Star Towing on Route 1.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- 1:04 a.m. Police received a report of a female walking along the highway near Royal Garden on Route 1. She told police she was just walking to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee.
- 10:52 a.m. Don A. Denham, 34, of 50-1/2 Aborn St., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at Sears. He was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise (third offense) and receiving stolen property under $250.
- 10:58 a.m. A caller at a Paleologos Street apartment reported his bicycle was stolen from his backyard sometime overnight.
- 1:19 p.m. A caller reported a man in a blue and white jogging suit was laying on the side of the road on Waldingfield Lane. An officer said the man was waiting for his grandchild. The road is off Russell Street near the Burke School.
- 1:21 p.m. Mall security reported a car hit a jersey barrier near the Cheesecake Factory and left the scene. The driver was identified as a 68-year-old Gloucester man.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.