The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from July 24-25.
Tuesday, July 24
- 2:57 p.m. A 37-year-old Cambridge resident was given a verbal warning for making an illegal U-turn on Lynnfield Street at the .
- 3:16 p.m. A Mansfield Street resident reported a fire in the basement. It was extinguished, however, before firefighters arrived. Police said there did not appear to be any damage to the basement.
- 3:47 p.m. A caller reported someone was playing with a remote-controlled car in the road on Tremont Street. Police checked the area, but did not find anyone.
- 4:15 p.m. James F. Barone, 36, of 26 North Ave., Winthrop, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lowell Street and Jennifer Lane. He was charged with driving with a suspended license and a marked lanes violation.
- 4:23 p.m. Police responded to a report of a break-in at Bourbon Street apartment. The resident was compiling a list of missing items.
- 6:04 p.m. A resident at a Route 1 mobile home park reported a break-in. Police said the back door to the unit was open when the person came home. Nothing appeared to be missing or damaged.
- 6:16 p.m. A Washington Street resident reported gray 2001 Lexus ES300 was stolen the day before.
- 6:22 p.m. A caller at the on Lynnfield Street reported a man tried to forceably enter her car. Police spoke to the woman and reviewed surveillance footage. No further details were available.
- 6:29 p.m. Mall security reported a truck hit a light pole in the parking lot. The pole was not structurally damaged, but the truck was damaged.
- 10:06 p.m. A clerk at reported three black males wearing hoodies entered the store and stole a handful of beer.
- 10:31 p.m. A member of the reported a dog was run over in the parking lot. Police said the dog was not on a leash and the owner, a Lawrence man, had left the area with the animal.
Wednesday, July 25
- 1:04 a.m. A 20-year-old Peabody male was placed into protective custody for fighting in Peabody Square, following a motor vehicle stop. Police had received a call of a fight.
- 3:01 a.m. A caller reported a male was walking in the breakdown lane on Route 128 near Centennial Drive. Police located the man and gave him a ride.
- 9:41 a.m. reported that someone tampered with a meter at a Route 1 business.
- 1:12 p.m. Report of a house fire on Endicott Street in the second floor of a home. Police responded to the scene along with the and blocked off Endicott Street to traffic at Berry and Central streets. See related story.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.