The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Sept. 20-21.
Thursday, Sept. 20
- 3:08 p.m. A caller at Hampton Inn reported an incident of larceny by check. Police said it involved $13,000.
- 6:04 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop on Lowell Street at Lone Pine Lane for a speeding truck. The officer said the truck was doing 48 mph in a posted 30 mph sign, but only gave the driver -- a 19-year-old Lynnfield male -- a verbal warning.
Friday, Sept. 21
- 7:08 a.m. A caller on Proctor Circle reported a person was walking around the neighborhood in a ski mask. Police were unable to locate anyone suspicious, but did find a young male on Proctor Circle wearing a "regular winter hat," although it didn't cover his face. He said he was walking to work at the mall.
- 10:11 a.m. A female caller reported a missing man with Alzhiemer's at Trader Joe's. Police said the woman was shopping at the store with her husband when he wandered off. The man was eventually found about an hour later in Danvers at Kane's Flower World. See related story.
- 10:29 a.m. A home nurse reported her patient, an 85-year-old Davis Terrace resident, was missing. She said the woman had Alzheimer's and was last seen by her husband the night before. The woman was later found around 1:20 p.m. in Salem. See related story.
- 11:38 a.m. A detective reported a shoplifting of approximately $2,000 worth of merchandise from a front table at Victoria's Secret at the mall.
- 12:23 p.m. A caller on Kirkland Road reported someone dropped a safe in front of her house within the last half hour. Police said it was a small safe and took it back to the station.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.