The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 24-26.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
- 4:48 p.m. Joseph M. English, 47, of 761 Back Mountain Rd., Goffstown, N.H., was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lake Street and Mulberry Drive. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and no valid inspection sticker.
- 6:11 p.m. A caller on Proctor Circle reported a woman he dated more than four years ago kept texting him, constantly harassing him and then started instant messaging his new girlfriend and sending her messages on Facebook.
- 7:20 p.m. A caller at a Tracey Street apartment reported two men with knives robbed him of his tools and cash. He said they left in a motor vehicle, but could give no description of the vehicle.
Thursday, Oct. 25
- 11:10 a.m. An employee at PK Motor Cars reported some vehicle parts and tools were missing from the business. He said an employee may have taken the missing items.
- 11:11 a.m. A caller on Northend Street asked for tips on how to catch a turtledove. He was referred to MassWildlife.
- 2:34 p.m. Police received a report of a robbery at North Shore Bank. The suspect fled and got into the passenger side of a gold-colored sedan. See related story.
- 5:20 p.m. A caller at the Lowell Street exit off Route 128 reported an older male was walking in the median. An officer located man and gave him a ride to Lahey Clinic.
- 9:57 p.m. A caller at Sylvan Street Grille reported his car was broken into.
Friday, Oct. 26
- 9:06 a.m. A caller on Lynn Street reported a kitten was possibly stuck in a vent. The Animal Control Officer said it wasn't a kitten, it was a raccoon. The person was advised to call an exterminator.
- 9:11 a.m. Kearra Greene, 27, of 76 Wallis St. #1, Peabody, was arrested at her apartment on a straight warrant out of Lynn District Court.
- 9:42 a.m. Berlin S. Hernandez, 27, of 34 Veterans Memorial Dr., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street. He was charged on two warrants.
- 9:52 a.m. A caller on Donegal Road reported several pieces of landscaping equipment was stolen from his shed.
- 12:49 p.m. A caller on Patricia Road reported smoke was coming from the rear of his truck. The truck belonged to a pool cleaning company and there was chlorine and other chemicals inside. The Fire Department handled the matter without incident.
- 2:44 p.m. A caller on Central Street reported her husband's painting equipment was stolen. She said an industrial spraypaint machine worth $2,000 and three worklights were taken from inside an unlocked garage.
- 2:49 p.m. The Fire Department responded to house fire at 11 Helen Dr. See related story.
- 4:04 p.m. Security reported finding a handgun in a fitting room at the Banana Republic. Police followed up with the registered owner of the firearm and turned it back over to him. No further details were given as to why the gun was left in the fitting room.
- 5:09 p.m. Carlina Mendez, 27, of 24 Rockway Ave. #2, Lynn, was arrested for larceny over $250, following a report of a shoplifter at JC Penney.
- 8:19 p.m. Police received a report of a burglary at a Gardner Street home. Police said that sometime since 2 p.m., the front door was smashed in and jewelry was stolen.
- 9:02 p.m. Two females were issued court summonses for shoplifting at Sears.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.