The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Aug. 27-28.
Monday, Aug. 27
- 2:03 p.m. Police received a report of larceny by check. An officer said the checks were cashed at .
- 2:23 p.m. Jonathan Murray, 42, of 41 Simon St., Fitchburg, was arrested for shoplifting at .
- 3:13 p.m. An officer reported a vehicle was driving "all over the road" on Allens Lane near the police station. The driver was issued a citation.
- 4:16 p.m. A caller reported he was punched in the chest by another male at the . A 39-year-old Woburn man was issued a court summons for assault and battery and making threats.
- 6:20 p.m. A child was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital with a broken arm after falling off a bicycle at the corner of Foster Street and Swampscott Avenue.
- 7:33 p.m. Two Methuen women, 24 and 20, and a 24-year-old Lawrence woman were all issued summonses for shoplifting after they were detained at .
Tuesday, Aug. 28
- 1:40 a.m. A caller at Pierpont Park reported he was attacked by two other males, who were both riding bikes and wearing dark-colored hooded sweatshirts and jeans. Police checked the area, but were unable to find the suspects and took the victim home.
- 7:27 a.m. An officer reported that Danvers police arrived at with Lyons Ambulance staff and they had a prisoner that was out of control. The officer reported back, however, that the Danvers officers had the situation under control.
- 10:31 a.m. A Granite Street resident reported a car break-in. Police said the unlocked vehicle was entered sometime during the night and some spare change and prescription medication were taken.
- 10:47 a.m. A resident reported she received a phone call at 11:45 p.m. the night before from someone claiming her daughter was in the hospital and that they needed the woman's credit card number. She told police the card was not used and that she then cancelled the card.
- 11 a.m. A caller on Sylvan Street reported his car was vandalized. Police said the driver's side rearview mirror was broken and the door was dented while the car was parked in the lot.
- 12:23 p.m. John D. Chivers, 53, of 196 Fordway Ext., Derry, N.H., was arrested after he turned himself in on an outstanding warrant at . The charge on the warrant was for "burn building" and was issued from the Peabody court.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.