The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from Feb. 27-29.
Monday, Feb. 27
- 5:02 p.m. A caller on Washington Street reported his fence was vandalized for the second time. Police said the damage might have been caused by kids dragging a pipe across the fence as they walked by.
- 5:03 p.m. David W. Turner, 51, of 1 Donegal Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Belfast and Lake streets. He was charged with driving with a suspended license.
- 5:29 p.m. Elmer N. Ramirez, 22, of 192 Eutaw Ave., Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. He was charged on unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, not having a valid inspection, a lights violation and on five outstanding warrants from other departments, all for motor vehicle violations.
- 5:49 p.m. Police responded to a report of a truck driving in the woods at . Police spoke with the driver -- a 16-year-old male who was driving a gray 2001 Chevrolet -- and sent him on his way. They were checking to see if any damage was done to the property.
- 7:55 p.m. Police received a report of a past car break-in at Expressions in Dance on Route 1. Someone smashed the passenger side window and took a bag and cell phone.
- 9:13 p.m. A 16-year-old male was arrested on a Child in Need of Services Warrant at the near the .
- 11:16 p.m. Ringo M. Sousa, 27, of 28 Perkins St., Salem, was arrested, following a report from staff at the that they were having trouble closing up. Sousa was charged with disorderly conduct.
Tuesday, Feb. 28
- 9:47 a.m. A caller reported a woman was standing in the middle of the roadway on Main Street near . Police said the woman was not in the street, but she was exhibiting her artwork. She was informed that she cannot sell her artwork without a peddler's license.
- 2:32 p.m. A landlord reported that the inside of his apartment building on Bowditch Street was vandalized. Police said the locks were glued.
- 3:23 p.m. A caller reported he was contacted by Eastern Bank, notifying him that someone else was trying to cash a check from his account. The female suspect was arrested by Lynn police. No further details were available.
- 5:15 p.m. Police responded to a report of a burglary at a Central Street apartment. A caller said her apartment was broken into and her TV was stolen. She suspected her ex-husband came in through a window even though he was supposed to come by at 6 p.m. anyway to pick up the TV. A 39-year-old resident was issued a summons for breaking and entering.
- 5:55 p.m. John Santosuosso, 32, of 3 Alford Rd., Saugus, was arrested, following a report from store security at that a man was stealing a TV. He was charged with larceny over $250 and a second man -- Jose Lopez, 23, of 12 Quinzy Ter. #3, Lynn -- was arrested as an accessory after the fact and for concealing a number plate violation on his car.
- 8:12 p.m. Police received a report of a past shoplifting at in the mall. Two females stole $670 in merchandise.
- 10:38 p.m. Police received a report that a sewer grate was missing on Barry Street. Public Services was notified.
Wednesday, Feb. 29
- 6:58 a.m. Edane A. Espindola, 29, of 6 Sprague St. #2, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Russell Street near the bike path. Espindola was charged with speeding and driving with a license revoked for being a habitual traffic offender.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.