The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 29-30.
Friday, March 29
- 2:16 p.m. Nelson Brizzi, 50, of 96 Margin St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Pulaski Street. He was charged with failure to use care in starting, stopping or turning and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 2:42 p.m. One driver was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident in Peabody Square.
- 2:45 p.m. A caller at Bosun's Marine on Route 1 reported the boatyard was broken into and several items were stolen. Police said a total of nine boats were broken into and the staff was still compiling a list of missing items.
- 3:58 p.m. A caller reported money was missing from her daughter's wristlet after she was involved in a car accident at the corner of Lowell and Goodale streets.
- 4:45 p.m. An officer found three syringes on Hardy Street and disposed of them.
- 4:45 p.m. A caller on Washington Street reported there was a small bonfire in the backyard of her neighbor's house that was unsafe and too close to the home. The Fire Department was notified.
- 6:59 p.m. A caller on Goodale Street reported her neighbor was staring at her 12-year-old sister while she changed. An officer spoke with everyone involved, but no action was taken at the time.
- 7:32 p.m. Report of a male yelling obscenities at an America Drive home. Police said the male had an argument earlier with his parents and he was just blowing off steam.
- 7:59 p.m. Report of an intoxicated man acting aggressively at a Main Street apartment. Police said there were no weapons involved and the man was taken to Salem Hospital.
- 9:04 p.m. Report of intoxicated hotel guests at the pool at Holiday Inn. An officer said he spoke with the guests and advised them alcohol isn't allowed by the pool area.
Saturday, March 30
- 4:12 a.m. Report of a white male screaming in the street on Northend Street. Police checked the entire area, but didn't find anyone. They said all appeared quiet and secure.
- 5:05 a.m. Report of two people cleaning up glass from a smashed windshield in the rear lot at Sonic Drive-In. Police said one person had left the area before they arrived. The vehicle in question was a Volkswagen. Both Peabody officers and state troopers searched Route 1 for the car.
- 7:32 a.m. One driver was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident on Lowell Street.
- 9:29 a.m. A caller on Samoset Road reported that some time during the night someone stole his lightpost and a light from his front yard.
- 9:57 a.m. Police received a report of a civilian flagger in the middle of Summit Street disrupting traffic near Christian Book Distributors. An officer said Calvary Christian Church, which was hosting its annual Easter Egg hunt that morning at CBD, would be hiring a detail officer to assist with the traffic.
- 10:10 a.m. Report of a stolen white 2006 Ford F250 from the Hallmark Building on Route 1.
- 12 p.m. A caller on Paleologos Street reported there was someone operating a moped at a high rate of speed in the neighborhood. An officer spoke with a juvenile and his mother and advised him to keep the dirt bike off of the roadway. He put the bike back in his yard.
- 1:55 p.m. A hit-and-run motor vehicle accident was reported on Route 114 near Route 128. The suspect vehicle was described as a small silver SUV. Police said a juvenile was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital by Atlantic Ambulance and an 18-year-old female was transported to Salem Hospital.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.