The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 7-9.
Friday, Dec. 7
- 2:18 p.m. A caller on Shore Drive reported his house was broken into. Police said there was no forced entry to the home and $1,000 worth of electronics, including two PlayStation 3 game systems and eight games, were stolen.
- 3:02 p.m. A caller on Franklin Street reported a fight between some youths. Police said there was a case of assault and battery involving the juveniles.
- 3:04 p.m. A caller on Fulton Street reported her car window was broken and her purse was stolen from her vehicle. The driver's side rear window was smashed and a purse was stolen along with cash, credit and debit cards, checks, a digital camera and a TJ Maxx bag with $45 in items.
- 4:54 p.m. Luis Santos, 35, of 604 Essex St. #407, Lynn, was arrested for shoplifting (third offense) at JC Penney.
- 5:04 p.m. A caller on Osborne Street reported a home burglary. Police said there were no signs of forced entry, but two pieces of jewelry were missing, including a $3,000 engagement ring.
- 7:43 p.m. Police received a report of a single car accident at South Congregational Church on Prospect with the car getting lodged on a pile of wood chips. No injuries were reported. Arrington Towing was dispatched to the scene.
- 10:21 p.m. One driver was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Washington and Granite streets.
Saturday, Dec. 8
- 8:10 a.m. An employee at Wood Trucking reported someone stole a dump truck from the business. The truck was a red and white 1999 Intel Paysta with Massachusetts license plates. The vehicle was stolen from the property on Lakeland Park Drive sometime since Nov. 30.
- 9:01 a.m. A caller at a Sabino Farm Road home reported someone stole steel from the property.
- 3:08 p.m. An officer at the Northshore Mall reported he was witnessing someone breaking into a car. After speaking with those involved he said it was a dispute between an ex-boyfriend and ex-girlfriend.
- 3:13 p.m. An employee at the LEGO store in the mall reported a $400 kit was stolen.
- 8:29 p.m. A Malden resident was cited for illegal use of a handicap plaque on his car at the Northshore Mall.
- 11:02 p.m. Police pulled over a gray 2007 Mazda on Oak Street near the Elks Lodge and issued court summonses to the driver (a 21-year-old Gloucester man) and two passengers (a 22-year-old Gloucester woman and a 21-year-old Rockport man) for possession of Class A drugs. The Rockport man was also charged with possession of a Class B drug.
Sunday, Dec. 9
- 9:58 a.m. A male caller at a Holten Street apartment reported his girlfriend was stealing his passport and other items. Police said there was an argument between the couple and the man would be taking his belongings with him to Winter Street.
- 10:48 a.m. Police were called to the corner of Spring and Winter streets on a report of an argument again between the above couple. An officer said peace was restored.
- 12:55 p.m. A 48-year-old Wakefield woman was issued a court summons for larceny under $250 and driving with a suspended license, following a report of a detained shoplifter at JC Penney.
- 1:21 p.m. A male driver was given a verbal warning for spinning his tires in the parking lot and throwing trash out the window of his car near JC Penney.
- 1:50 p.m. A caller reported a Chevrolet Cavalier was parked in the fire lane outside the Food Court for over an hour-and-a-half. Mall security towed the vehicle.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.