The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 31 - Nov. 1.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- 8:08 a.m. State police reported a three-car accident on Route 114 at Buttonwood Lane. No injuries were reported and all three vehicles were towed, but officers were unable to access data on any of the vehicles or drivers because all the registry connections were offline.
- 11:32 a.m. A caller at the Recycle for Hunger Thrift Shop on Howley Street reported a past break-in attempt. Police said no entry to the building was gained, but the door was pried open and damaged.
- 11:44 a.m. A caller at Lou's Custom Exhaust on Route 1 reported a stolen vehicle. The car was a silver 1968 Pontiac GTO.
- 1:14 p.m. A female caller reported someone called her and tried to get her credit card and other information.
- 1:59 p.m. An officer reported someone struck a cruiser while it was parked on Ledgewood Way and fled the scene.
- 3:03 p.m. Report of a wire down at the corner of Surrey and Elizabeth lanes.
- 3:39 p.m. A caller reported threats were made during a road rage incident at the Marriott Hotel. The person then left the scene.
- 3:44 p.m. A caller reported finding a drug kit near a Sandra Road home. Police said the bag did not contain drug paraphernalia, instead there was a wrist band inside supporting the legalization of marijuana and a lighter.
- 4:53 p.m. Report of a large tree limb down on Dexter Street.
- 6:30 p.m. A caller reported a large group causing a disturbance at Lalikos Park. Police checked the area and said there were just ghosts and goblins out trick-or-treating.
- 7:05 p.m. A caller at a Northend Street apartment reported the theft of some prescription medications: Zolpidem, Quetiapine and Gabapentin. The caller claimed another female resident stole the drugs.
- 8:44 p.m. A caller on Emily Lane reported a person dressed in a "Jason" costume was swinging a plastic knife at children. Police were unable to find the person.
Thursday, Nov. 1
- 4:01 a.m. The Fire Department doused a small oven fire at a third-floor Tremont Street apartment.
- 4:36 a.m. Peabody officers assisted state police with a motor vehicle crash on Route 1 near the jughandle with entrapment.
- 6:38 a.m. Police issued a citation to a motorist for driving in the breakdown lane on Route 1.
- 7:14 a.m. Police received a report of some vandalism at the West School.
- 8:02 a.m. An officer made a motor vehicle stop on Lowell Street and issued the driver a citation for texting.
- 12:44 p.m. A caller reported being scammed after trying to buy a car online.
- 2:03 p.m. David P. Cole, 52, of 25 Oak St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Winter and Mason streets. He was charged with driving with a revoked license.
- 2:18 p.m. A caller at a Keyes Drive apartment reported some prescription medication was taken from an unlocked car.
- 2:55 p.m. A caller at Foster Street Motors reported a past theft in which several tools were taken, an auto scanner and a bottle of Percocet.
- 3:22 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop on Route 114 and issued a written warning to the driver for a red light violation and not wearing a seatbelt. Some drugs were also confiscated from the vehicle.
- 6:42 p.m. A caller at the Apple Store reported a customer tried to steal an iPad and then fled on foot, empty-handed.
- 8:38 p.m. A caller on Pine Street reported an out-of-control 12-year-old. Police said the child was upset that the parents took her computer privileges away because she was on Facebook.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.