The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the press log from Sept. 5-6.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
- 2:14 p.m. Security at reported a resident was missing cash.
- 2:52 p.m. A 31-year-old man reported some landscaping equipment was stolen from his vehicle while he was parked at the on Route 1 South.
- 3 p.m. Police received a report of a turtle trying to cross the road near Plaza on Lowell Street.
- 3:41 p.m. Police received a report of a hit-and-run accident on Route 114. Police said an 87-year-old driving one of the vehicles -- a white 2011 Nissan Altima -- kept on going and returned home to Harvard Street. She told police she didn't realize her vehicle was hit, despite visible damage to the rear end, and thought the person that followed her home was upset because she cut her off.
- 4:53 p.m. A caller on James Street reported two males with backpacks and BB guns were in the area. Police were unable to find the youths.
- 4:55 p.m. The manager at The Gap reported three to four shoplifters made off with a few piles of merchandise from the store. Police said $1,900 worth of jeans were stolen by two males and a female, all Hispanic.
- 5:26 p.m. A 19-year-old Peabody female was transported to Salem Hospital from her home on Fairview Avenue after she punched a door following an argument with her mother.
- 5:36 p.m. A caller on Clifton Circle reported her 13-year-old cat was poisoned with anti-freeze and died from the exposure. While at the veterinarian's office, she learned that three other cats from the same area were also poisoned. One of the cats lived on Jennings Circle. The Animal Control Officer was notified to investigate the matter.
- 5:59 p.m. Police received a report of a past break-in to a Rockdale Avenue home. Police were unable to confirm how the thief got in, but said the front door wasn't secured. Two PlayStation console games were stolen.
- 6:41 p.m. Elspeth S. Donnelly, 24, of 39 Franklin St., Salem, was arrested at on an active warrant out of Haverhill District Court following a report of suspicious activity. The warrant charges included breaking and entering and larceny. Peabody detectives said they would document the destruction of narcotics belonging to the registered owner of the vehicle found with Donnelley, a 35-year-old Salem man.
- 7:16 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Central and Tremont streets and reported a Class D drug (marijuana) was found on the male driver and confiscated.
- 7:31 p.m. A caller reported a van drove up alongside him in the wrong lane on Route 114 near and a passenger then threw a cup of soda out the window at his car. He said the van made a U-turn and headed back toward the . Police checked the area, but were unable to locate the suspect vehicle.
- 10:20 p.m. Noe Sanchez, 22, of 49 Geneva St., Revere, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lake Street. Sanchez was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
- 10:22 p.m. A caller reported her purse was stolen from her unlocked car while it was parked at the end of Coolidge Avenue near the city pumping station.
Thursday, Sept. 6
- 4:18 a.m. Erik B. Krezmien, 19, of 11 Rockdale Ave., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a car break-in on Coolidge Avenue. He was charged with four counts of breaking and entering for a felony. Police responded to the scene and said an unknown person was running toward Spring Pond. That person was taken into custody and EMTs were called for a medical evaluation. A 22-year-old Peabody man was then taken to Salem Hospital by ambulance and issued a court summons on four counts of breaking and entering as well along with two counts of receiving stolen property under $250.
- 5:32 a.m. Ana Molina, 23, of 27 Rantoul Ave. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on County Street. She was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and for not having a valid inspection sticker.
- 7:08 a.m. A female was transported to Salem Hospital after a hit-and-run car accident on Lowell Street near . The driver of the other vehicle was issued a court summons for leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. Police said a student was involved in the accident, but it was unclear from the initial report which person was the student.
- 8:49 a.m. A caller on Jennings Circle reported she believed her cat and a neighbor's cat might have been poisoned.
- 9:37 a.m. A 60-year-old Peabody man was transported to Salem Hospital after he reported feeling dizzy. The man told police he had returned home to Washington Street after hitting a tree on Lynnfield Street in his car. He said the 2008 Saturn Aura sustained damage to the front bumper on the passenger's side. An officer checked the area, but could not locate any damage to a tree or pole.
- 9:44 a.m. A caller reported coming across a plastic bag with syringes and a spoon at the corner of Margin and Gardner streets. Police were unable to find the items.
- 1 p.m. A Macarthur Road resident reported someone rummaged through his car, but it didn't appear anything was missing.
- 1:21 p.m. A caller reported a male was "doing heroin" in the bathroom and then got inside a car and headed west down Main Street toward Peabody Square. Police were unable to find the vehicle in question.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.