Firefighters knocked down an attic fire at a multi-family home at 7 Mcintyre Ct. shortly before midnight. Initial reports indicated the blaze may have started as an electrical fire in an upstairs bathroom.
It didn't take long for crews to extinguish the fire, but the roof was already damaged at that point and the residents needed a new home for the night at least.
Kat Powers, the communications director for American Red Cross of Eastern Massachusetts, said there were four adults and two children who lived in the home in three different units.
Powers said all the residents were given recovery funds for food and clothing and put up in a local hotel for the night, which was also paid for by Red Cross donors.