The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Dec. 4-5.
Sunday, Dec. 4
- 3:24 p.m. Public safety officers responded to a medical aid call on Donegal Road. One male was transported to Mass. General Hospital with a severed finger.
- 4 p.m. John R. Boylan, 57, of 36 Clement Ave. #3, Peabody, was arrested at a Washington Street apartment on a warrant from . The warrant was issued after a female reported receiving threatening phone calls.
- 4:51 p.m. A resident reported a lost or stolen iPhone at the .
- 4:55 p.m. Mall security reported a car break-in in the parking lot. An officer said there was no attempt at a break-in – the rear window had shattered for an unknown reason.
- 5:25 p.m. A 51-year-old Peabody man was issued a summons for violating a restraining order, following a report of a possible violation at a Dustin Street apartment.
- 6:24 p.m. The Fire Department reported someone walked in to request to have the doors taken off a refrigerator left on the sidewalk on Endicott Street. Officers checked the area but could not find the refrigerator.
- 7:27 p.m. A caller at on Cross Street reported a past break-in to a car. Police said nothing was taken, but a window was smashed.
- 8:33 p.m. A caller on Linden Road reported his son’s backpack was lost or stolen. The pack contained schoolbooks, a camera and a calculator.
Monday, Dec. 5
- 7:53 a.m. Police received a report of suspicious activity at the on Central Street. People holding Obama posters were walking front of the shop. An officer reported there were no problems.
- 8:32 a.m. Police received a report of a group of people now protesting outside . An officer said there were no problems there and had to leave the area to .
- 8:49 a.m. Police responded to a report of a motor vehicle into a pole on Fairview Avenue. Police said the pole was cracked and the car was towed from the scene. No injuries were reported.
- 10:15 a.m. Police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Route 114 with unknown injuries. Police said the accident was actually in Danvers and was handled by Danvers officers.
- 11:20 a.m. The school resource officer reported he was investigating a case of assault and battery at .
- 12:07 p.m. A 22-year-old Byfield man was issued a summons for malicious damage to a motor vehicle and criminal harassment, following a report of vandalism at a Dublin Road home.
- 12:16 p.m. Katherine Deleo, 18, of 108 County Rd. #205, Ipswich, was arrested at for shoplifting.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.