Tuesday, Jan. 14
- 2:21 p.m. A resident on Herold Road reported a home break-in. Police said a list of stolen items would be compiled and forwarded over.
- 3:29 p.m. A caller reported someone passed out at the Leather City Common. Police said the person was just taking a nap.
- 5:27 p.m. Report of a possible manhole fire at the corner of Lowell Street and Stockton Road. Police said it was apparently an unknown substance lit by three youths who took off running. It wasn't related to a manhole.
- 5:56 p.m. A manager at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street reported two employees stole $12,000 within the past 10 days.
- 11:33 p.m. Police responded to a report of an altercation between four people in the bar area at the Jade Restaurant on Bourbon Street. Police said a male and a female left before they arrived and the other two people were still present. The disturbance was reportedly over an ex-girlfriend who came to the restaurant with a new boyfriend.
Wednesday, Jan. 15
- 5:45 a.m. An officer reported that Prospect Street heading toward Lowell Street was "black ice." DPS was notified and was sending out a sander.
- 7:11 a.m. A caller on Tremont Street reported a vehicle slid off the road and tore up part of her lawn, along with damaging some trash barrels.
- 7:31 a.m. Police received multiple calls about icy road conditions at the corner of Lowell and Forest streets.
- 9:06 a.m. A woman requested an officer stand by while she gathered her son's belongings from a residence at Tanners Court. An officer then reported arresting Mindy Mangini, 27, of 18 Tanners Ct., Peabody, on four outstanding warrants from Peabody and Salem district courts. The charges included larceny, shoplifting and identity fraud.
- 9:09 a.m. An officer requested DPS send a sander down to Bartholomew Street.
- 9:55 a.m. A Downing Road resident reported someone stole an item off his front porch.
- 10 a.m. A 58-year-old Danville, Va. man was issued a court summons on charges of leaving the scene of property damage, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and not having a vehicle registration in his possession after the tractor-trailer truck he was operating knocked over a traffic light at the corner of Lowell and King streets. See related story.
- 10:11 a.m. Report of a three-car accident on Lynn Street. One driver -- a Peabody male -- was cited for improper passing while another driver was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 12:23 p.m. An officer reported there was a light pole down at the corner of King Street and Ellsworth Road.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on this log.