Sunday, Jan. 19
- 2:36 p.m. Report of a small child locked inside a vehicle on Page Street while the engine was running. Police responded to the scene and Gaeta's Towing and firefighters were dispatched as well. An officer repeated the vehicle was opened without incident.
- 6:47 p.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of smoke coming from a kitchen oven at the Hampton Inn on Route 1.
- 9:55 p.m. An employee at the Peabody Marriott reported there was underage drinking occurring at a banquet being held at the hotel. Police said the party was shut down and teens were picked up by their parents. A court summons was issued to one person, but no further details were available.
- 10:04 p.m. A caller at the Jade Restaurant reported a 21-year-old man left the restaurant, carrying a drink to his car and took off in a gray Infiniti. The vehicle headed westbound on Lowell Street and reportedly grazed an employee when the person tried to stop the car from leaving the lot. Lynnfield police were notified and later reported they had the vehicle stopped for speeding. Police said there was some contact between the rear bumper and the employee's leg, but no actual injuries were reported.
- 10:42 p.m. Two drivers were transported to Salem Hospital after a car accident on Main Street near Tricia's Hair Salon. One person complained of a shoulder injury and a parked car was also hit.
Monday, Jan. 20
- 12:10 p.m. Report of a hit-and-run car accident in the parking lot at 10 Centennial Dr. Police said there was possibly security camera footage available.
- 1:37 p.m. A caller reported there was a car parked at the end of Krochmal Road with three youths inside it and she believed they were up to "no good." Police checked the area, but the car was gone.
- 1:48 p.m. Report of a physical altercation in the parking lot outside CVS at the Lynnfield Street plaza. Police said a car had rolled into another one, but there was no visible damage. Both people were separated and sent on their way.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on this log.