The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 4-6.
Sunday, Nov. 4
- 1:15 a.m. A female walked into Tedeschi's on Main Street and said she was in a car accident and needed medical attention. Police said the accident was actually in Salem. The woman was checked out and transported to Salem Hospital.
- 10:50 a.m. A caller on Sophie Road reported finding a bicycle in the woods near her home. It was a red Mongoose.
- 10:55 a.m. James Cronin, 44, of 11 Wheeler St. #3, Peabody, was arrested at his apartment for domestic assault and battery and malicious destruction of property under $250.
- 11:09 a.m. Several callers reported a downed wire on Abington Avenue. The Fire Department requested cruisers respond to detour traffic.
- 11:41 a.m. Marino E. Rosario. Jr., 27, of 115 Central St #2, Peabody, was arrested on a warrant after police located him near the library on Main Street.
- 12:57 p.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street reported a car was parked on the street for several weeks. Police identified the Ford 500 as stolen out of Haverhill. There was no visible damage to the car.
- 2:06 p.m. An anonymous caller complained of a strong odor of marijuana at a Magnolia Way apartment. An officer spoke with the residents and asked them to cease smoking any controlled substances.
- 5:20 p.m. A caller at a Collins Street apartment reported overhearing a male and female arguing in the apartment above her. She told police she heard the male threaten to "burn the building down if he did not get his money." Police spoke to those involved and said it was just an argument over paying rent. Both individuals declined to seek a restraining order.
- 6:22 p.m. Romario Bazile, 23, of 365 Maple St., Lynn, was arrested for domestic assault and battery after incident at an incident at a Sanborn Street home.
- 7:50 p.m. A caller on Brown Street reported a past burglary. A safe and other items were taken from the house. Police discovered signs of forced entry via a sliding glass door on the side of the house.
- 7:55 p.m. A caller on Foster Street reported his apartment was broken into. He said a Playstation 3 and some controllers were stolen. Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
- 8:30 p.m. A 20-year-old Saugus female was issued a court summons for malicious damage to a motor vehicle after her boyfriend told police he saw her keying his car outside his apartment building on Foster Street.
- 10:46 p.m. Dayvison Cordearo, 33, of 18 Elm St. #1, Peabody, was arrested at his apartment for domestic assault and battery and intimidating a witness.
Monday, Nov. 5
- 2:45 a.m. A caller on Winona Street reported he believed the female who was staying with him took some money from him. He kicked her out of the house, but she was banging at the back door, trying to get in. An officer gave her a ride to Dunkin' Donuts on Route 1 to await another ride.
- 6:29 a.m. Victor M. Negron, 41, of 14 Cherry St. #3, Salem, was arrested, following a car accident at the corner of Lynnfield Street and Florence Road. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense), a marked lanes violation, driving recklessly to endanger and a subsequent offense of driving on a suspended license. A caller reported a gray 2005 Nissan Altima crashed into a fence. The car was towed from the scene.
- 10:10 a.m. Gino Martiniello, 33, of 7 Barnstable Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his home on a default warrant out of Lynn District Court on charges of unnatural acts and trespassing.
- 10:11 a.m. A female driver was taken to Beverly Hospital after a two-car accident on Route 114.
- 1:21 p.m. A female was issued a court summons for shoplifting at the Icing store at the mall. She and two others were also issued no trespassing orders.
- 5:22 p.m. A 30-year-old Dorchester woman and a 20-year-old Salem, N.H. woman were issued court summonses for shoplifting at Sears.
Tuesday, Nov. 6
- 8:25 a.m. A caller on Tracey Street reported his car window was smashed overnight.
- 9:41 a.m. A 21-year-old employee at Sonic was issued a court summons for larceny, following a report from a manager to the police.
- 10:31 a.m. Store security at Sears reported someone grabbed a 46-inch LCD TV and fled from the area in a green pickup truck. The vehicle was headed east on Route 114.
- 12:23 p.m. A 38-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for malicious destruction of property over $250, following a report from staff at Washington Manor of a disturbance with a client.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.