The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. Feb 11-12.
Monday, Feb. 11
- 2:59 p.m. A caller reported an elderly male was running with his hands in the air in the vicinity of the bus stop near the post office on Essex Center Drive. Police were unable to locate the man.
- 3:35 p.m. A caller on Elizabeth Lane reported a neighbor was putting snow in front of her house. An officer said the neighbor across the street was driving up and down the street and braking to have the snow fall off his car. He was not there when police arrived. The man -- a 66-year-old resident -- was issued a court summons for violating a harassment order.
- 4:01 p.m. A 52-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at Hannaford Supermarket.
- 4:50 p.m. Police recovered a stolen car after a Lowell Street resident reported a vehicle had been parked outside an apartment building for about a month.
- 5:22 p.m. A caller on Veterans Memorial Drive reported four youths were throwing snowballs at her property from a snow bank. An officer said he removed the youths from the property.
- 10:20 p.m. Employees at the Homewood Suites Hotel reported an elderly male was in the lobby yelling and wanted to go to the Seawitch. Police said the person was gone when they arrived.
Tuesday, Feb. 12
- 12:49 a.m. A caller on Wallis Street complained the snow plows were making noise. Trucks were clearing the lot at Travel Leather and the corners for increased safety, which police said was necessary, but assured the person the work wouldn't last much longer.
- 1:01 a.m. Report of a loud party at an apartment on Overlook Trail. Police said a small group of males were getting haircuts and would quiet down for the night.
- 1:54 a.m. State police and Peabody units responded to a report of a motor vehicle crash on I-95 near the Danvers town line. A Jeep crashed into a plow truck. See related story.
- 5:42 a.m. Both drivers were transported to the hospital -- one to Lynn and the other to Salem -- after a two-car accident at the corner of Lynn Street and Veterans Memorial Drive.
- 8:03 a.m. Police received a report of motor vehicles illegally parked on the street in violation of the parking ban. An officer issued six parking tickets to vehicles parked on Dartmouth and Yale streets.
- 9:50 a.m. A 75-year-old resident at the Peabody House reported someone fraudulently used her ID to file taxes using her information.
- 9:55 a.m. Report of a possible road rage incident at the corner of Route 114 and Esquire Drive. Police said a 49-year-old man was working in the road and a 63-year-old man was upset that he couldn't drive his truck around the other truck. The officer resolved the matter.
- 11:30 a.m. A man was transported to Mass. General Hospital after cutting his finger with a saw at a Deerfield Circle home.
- 1:11 p.m. Police received a report of a shovel in the left lane just prior to the exit for the Liberty Tree Mall on Route 128 South. Police spoke with an employee from Mass Highway and notified him the shovel needed to be picked up.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.