The following are excerpts from reports in the log from Friday, Aug. 5 to Sunday, Aug. 7.
Thursday, Aug. 4
- 2:03 p.m. Cristiane G. Dossantos, 33, of 46 Buckman St., Woburn, was arrested for an unsafe lane change, failure to yield at an intersection, failure to signal, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and on a warrant from Ipswich District Court, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1.
- 4:02 p.m. A female caller on Aborn Street reported her cat was mauled by a neighborhood dog.
- 4:39 p.m. A possible break-in to a home was reported by a Pine Street resident. No further details were available.
- 4:50 p.m. Police received a call of a female driver taking a swig of an alcoholic drink outside the before getting in her car and driving off. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 5:16 p.m. Monique M. Gonyea, 29, of 52 Dow St. #47, Salem, was arrested at , following a report of a shoplifter. She was charged on three warrants and for a third offense of shoplifting and received a no trespass order from mall security for three years.
- 9:51 p.m. A 31-year-old Peabody woman was issued a summons for driving with a suspended license after her car struck a man on a bicycle in the parking lot on Main Street. The man was uninjured and neither the bike nor car were damaged. The owner of the car was also issued a summons for allowing an unlicensed person to drive his car.
- 10:44 p.m. Richard C. Ostrander, 24, of 76 Clark St., Framingham, was arrested for trespassing, following a report of an unwanted person at an office on Route 114.
Friday, Aug. 5
- 4:58 a.m. An 18-year-old Peabody male was issued a summons for receiving stolen property under $250. A caller on Rose Circle reported a male wearing a white shirt was seen leaving the area after a car alarm went off.
- 7:45 a.m. Robert J. Kallelis, 40, of 7 Oak Ave., Peabody, was arrested for breaking and entering for a misdemeanor and malicious destruction of property over $250, following a report of vandalism by a resident on St. Ann's Avenue. The caller said her door was damaged. She later reported finding gasoline spilled on her back porch that might have been related to the other act of vandalism.
- 10:46 a.m. Waldeir Pinto, 36, of 17 Sewall St. #202, Peabody, was arrested for shoplifting and on a warrant from Lynn District Court, following a report of a shoplifter at .
- 12:03 p.m. A 25-year-old Peabody woman was issued a summons for aggravated assault and battery, following a report of a disturbance with another person in the parking lot of . No further details were available.
- 1:58 p.m. A caller reported an intoxicated man was sitting in a chair in the middle of the street at the intersection of Wallis and Walnut streets. Police found the man sitting on the side of the road, apparently collecting cans. The man did not speak English and was asked to move.
- 3:12 p.m. A 53-year-old North Billerica man and a 46-year-old Lawrence man were both issued summonses for assault and battery, following a report of a domestic dispute at an Upham Street residence. An officer reported the two men got into a fight when one man -- a boyfriend of the other man's sister -- came to check on the sister. One man left the home, bleeding from his face.
- 4:29 p.m. A resident at 1 Crane Ave. reported a dryer fire. Firefighters responded to the scene and had the fire knocked down within 30 minutes. No injuries were reported. Power was shut off at the home due to some electrical wires being exposed.
- 6:50 p.m. A male caller reported he was trying to retrieve some of his belongings from his old apartment on Lowell Street, but his former landlord refused to give the items back. The landlord said the man still owed him money. An officer reported the dispute was resolved and the property was returned to its owner.
- 7:09 p.m. Store security at reported a person stole protein powder from the supermarket and fled in a beige car. The merchandise, however, was recovered at the door and the store didn't wish to pursue the matter.
- 7:22 p.m. A caller reported a female who looked about 20 years old and was wearing black shorts and a yellow shirt was urinating on the sidewalk at Pierpont Park. The female was last seen walking up Fountain Street. An officer spoke to the person, who was a juvenile, as well as her mother, and the girl was taken home without incident.
- 7:39 pm. A 48-year-old Peabody man was issued a summons for domestic assault and intimidating a witness, following a report of a domestic situation at his residence at Whispering Meadows mobile home park.
- 8:15 p.m. Arlette Monteiro, 24, of 195 West Gate Dr. #349, Brockton, and Carla Lopes, 17, of 725 North Main St. #2, Brockton, were both arrested for larceny over $250 and shoplifting, following a report of two shoplifters detained at the mall. Police said the pair was shoplifting from Hollister and .
- 8:45 p.m. Renee V. LaFortune, 27, of 4 Alden St #1, Danvers, and Joseph NiCastro, 30, of 113 Russell St., Peabody, were both arrested on drug charges. Police pulled over two vehicles at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street and charged LaFortune with two counts of drug possession (Class B and Class C) and NiCastro with possession of a Class C drug and possession with intent to distribute a Class B drug.
- 9:15 p.m. A 25-year-old North Andover man was issued a summons for shoplifting at . Store security said the man refused to come back inside.
- 9:20 p.m. A caller reported a naked female was running around her yard on Endicott Street. Police spoke to the man who lived at the residence and he said his ex-life had left without incident.
- 10:48 p.m. George C. Mugford II, 19, of 17 Elizabeth Ln., Peabody, and Brian M. Butler, 21, of 18 Andrew St. #2, Everett, were both arrested for possession to distribute a Class D drug, following a report of possible drug activity at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street.
Saturday, Aug. 6
- 12:11 a.m. Mario A. Forziati, 24, of 2 Fitch Ct. #1, Wakefield, was arrested for disorderly conduct and keeping a disorderly home, following a report of a loud party on Diane Road.
- 12:36 a.m. Two callers reported receiving harassing and threatening phone calls from each other. An officer spoke to both females and advised them to stop communicating with each other.
- 4:35 a.m. A caller on Griffin Road reported his truck alarm went off and he believed someone tried to break into the vehicle. Police reported one vehicle was entered, but nothing taken, and an alarm was triggered on a second vehicle.
- 5:03 a.m. Austin P. Boga, 17, of 204 Lynn St., Peabody, and Jose G. Adames, 18, of 13 Veterans Memorial Dr., Peabody, were both arrested for breaking and entering for a felony and larceny over $250, following a report of three white males trying to break into cars on Aberdeen Avenue. .
- 7:04 a.m. The owner of JZB Industries on Farm Avenue reported 1,500 pounds of steel, a ladder and a prybar were stolen from his business overnight.
- 9 a.m. A Walnut Street resident reported his car was broken into outside his apartment. A Dewalt radio and a pair of sunglasses were stolen. There were no signs of forced entry.
- 9:19 a.m. An officer reported his cruiser was struck in the parking lot outside on Sylvan Street. The police car was only lightly damaged.
- 2:32 p.m. An 18-year-old Lynn male was issued a summons for larceny over $250, following a report of theft from a Washington Street apartment. A caller reported six phones, a diamond ring, a watch and several other pieces of jewelry were stolen by a family member.
- 2:45 p.m. Michelle M. MacKenzie, 50, of 97 Harvard St. #3, Everett, was arrested for larceny over $250 and possession of a Class A drug, following a report of a shoplifter at . Store security said she stole $286 worth of merchandise.
- 8:08 p.m. A caller on Washington Street reported seeing a black mist outside his window. An officer explained that the mist was just dark clouds from an impending rain storm.
- 10:16 p.m. A caller at Legal Seafoods reported some money was stolen.
- 11 p.m. A caller reported two males were yelling and punching street signs on Lynnfield Street. An officer said two men, both 21, were given a ride back to Will Sawyer Road. They said a person in a white Cadillac was provoking them as they walked down the street.
Sunday, Aug. 7
- 12:17 a.m. A man was transported from an apartment on Osborne Street to Salem Hospital after taking 15-20 sleeping pills.
- 1:25 a.m. Police responded to a report of a loud crash on Route 128 North at the Lowell Street on-ramp. Police said a vehicle rolled over there. State troopers also responded and took charge of the scene.
- 5 a.m. A cab crashed into a telephone pole at the corner of Columbus Road and Lowell Street. The driver refused medical attention and was given a ride to his car on Walnut Street.
- 8:26 a.m. A car break-in was reported at on Route 1. A GPS device and golf clubs were missing.
- 9:35 a.m. A caller reported a pack of dogs were in the cemetery at the end of Esquire Drive, crying and howling. The dogs were in fact coyotes and appeared to have had a successful hunt, according to an officer at the scene.
- 11:44 a.m. Foster Street was blocked off to traffic temporarily due to flooding during the rain storm, but once a crew was able to clear nearby catch basins, the water receded.
- 1:55 p.m. An officer reported Pierpont Street was also flooding and called for Public Services to check the storm drains. A DPS crew responded to the scene and began clearing the drains.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.