The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 6-8.
Sunday, Jan. 6
- 2:02 p.m. A caller on Pierpont Street reported seeing a male sitting at a picnic table and drinking alcohol at Pierpont Park. Officers responded to the scene, but couldn't find the person.
- 3:12 p.m. One male was transported by ambulance to Salem Hospital, following a report of a fight between two people on Aborn Street.
- 3:45 p.m. Police arrested two Wakefield men for shoplifting at Sears and one of the men was also wanted on five warrants. Jason D. Sheppard, 38, of 360 Water St., Wakefield, was charged with shoplifting, furnishing a false name to a police officer and on the aforementioned warrants, which were mainly for motor vehicle violations but also a count of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Kevin H. Sheeran, 35, of 27 Spruce St., Wakefield, was just charged with shoplifting.
- 6:18 p.m. Three people were transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident on Central Street.
- 7:38 p.m. A caller on Union Street reported that he opened his door to find a Hispanic male standing there with a knife. The male then ran off with another Hispanic male up Paleologos Street. The first person was described as having black hair and wearing a black vest, black sweater and yellow pants. Police checked the area, but did not find the pair. The resident was advised to call again if he sees the two males in the area.
- 11:05 p.m. A caller reported a fight involving multiple people outside of Oliveira's Steak House. An officer said one person started the fight after being removed from the bar room and that person left the area before police arrived.
Monday, Jan. 7
- 8:57 a.m. A caller at the Welch School reported a red Kia was parked in front of the school, blocking the buses. The car was moved before police arrived.
- 9:44 a.m. A caller on Summit Street reported he let some people borrow a moon bounce from him, but they had failed to return it. Police attempted to contact the individuals.
- 10:59 a.m. Thiago E. Souza, 28, of 2 Lynn St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Walnut Street. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 11:03 a.m. A caller reported suspicious activity outside a building at 58 Pulaski St. An officer spoke with two men who said they were looking into a window to see if their property was still inside. They were currently in litigation with the company.
- 1:23 p.m. An officer reported issuing eight tickets at the Northshore Mall for handicap parking violations.
- 2:20 p.m. A caller at Workout World reported her license plate was stolen. Police informed the woman she was actually only issued one license plate by the Registry of Motor Vehicles and it was still affixed to the rear of her car.
- 3:31 p.m. A 28-year-old Lynn man was issued a court summons for driving with a suspended license and failure to use care in operation of his car after a two-car accident on Summit Street.
- 5:12 p.m. Police received a report of a gray Saturn being driven erratically through the parking lot at the Lynnfield Street Plaza. Police said it appeared to be due to a case of road rage.
- 6:06 p.m. Michael Spinelli, of 17 Reservoir Rd., Gloucester, was arrested for shoplifting at Macy's. He was charged with larceny over $250, failure to stop or yield and failure to stop for police. Store security reported a white male stole seven North Face jackets from the store.
- 7:32 p.m. State police reported a Pleasant Street resident called to report a past break-in to the person's apartment. An officer said someone entered through a third-floor window and stole two TVs, $300 in cash and a pair of Nike sneakers.
- 11:49 p.m. One male was transported to Lahey Clinic on a report of "toxic inhalation of air freshener."
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- 1:14 a.m. Jamison P. Wood, 30, of 65 Main St. #208, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Main Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense) and failing to stop for a police officer.
- 2:46 a.m. After being bailed out of jail, Jamison Wood became loud and abusive to Officer Dowd, according to police, and he was taken back into custody and charged with disorderly conduct (subsequent offense) and trespassing.
- 7:04 a.m. A caller reported four car tires were slashed overnight on Aborn Street.
- 8:41 a.m. A 57-year-old Crowninshield Street resident was taken by ambulance to the Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary after police recieved a report of a person with a pair of scissors in her eye.
- 9:37 a.m. A Peabody woman was taken by ambulance to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Mason and Winter streets.
- 10:32 a.m. A property manager for a Garden Road home reported there might be a stolen vehicle that was left in the parking lot. Police said the vehicle was listed as stolen out of Danvers and that police department was notified.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.