The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 21-22.
Thursday, March 21
- 8:35 a.m. A caller on Aborn Street reported finding an injured seagull. The Animal Control Officer transported the bird to Borash Veterinary Clinic.
- 9:03 a.m. Danvers police reported recovering a motor vehicle stolen from Peabody. The vehicle was a gray 2011 Toyota Camry.
- 9:56 a.m. An employee at Tom's Auto Service was issued a court summons on a charge of larceny from the store.
- 12:15 p.m. Amesbury police asked for an officer to locate Corey Bilodeau, who was arrested the night before, and arrest him again on an outstanding warrant. Police spoke with the teen at The Little Depot Diner and said he was just released from court, but had to appear up in Newburyport District Court on Friday.
- 12:22 p.m. Police received a report of a pedestrian accident on Route 114 near the bridge over Route 128. The suspect vehicle was described as a black four-door Mercury driven by a male. Police checked the area, but could not find either person involved.
- 2:28 p.m. A caller on Clement Avenue reported someone broke into his car overnight and rummaged through the inside.
- 2:45 p.m. A Tuckers Court resident reported his house was broken into. Police said an unknown amount of jewelry, two Coach purses worth $700 and an Xbox controller were stolen. The front door was forced open.
- 2:58 p.m. A caller on King Street reported a group of eight kids tried to steal a package that was delivered to her home. She said she retrieved the package before they could take it.
- 4:47 p.m. Report of a car into a pole on Farm Avenue. No injuries were reported, but the vehicle was towed away.
- 5:48 p.m. A caller reported her purse was stolen while she was at the Burlington Coat Factory. The purse contained her wallet, driver's license, credit card, debit card and $10 in cash.
- 6:05 p.m. Employees at Hannaford said a customer returned to the store to report an assault that occurred 30 minutes earlier. An officer spoke to that person and said he would be investigating further.
- 8:02 p.m. An assistant manager at Ulta, at the mall, reported a heavyset white male, about 5-6 or 5-7 and wearing a black hat and blue jeans, stole $1,200 worth of cologne and perfume from the store. The man fled in a blue Honda Civic or Accord heading toward Shaw's.
- 8:43 p.m. Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance between a mother and daughter at their home on Nancy Avenue. The daughter, 52, was issued a court summons for assault and battery on a person over 65, while the mother, 84, was issued a summons for domestic assault and battery.
Friday, March 22
- 8:07 a.m. A green 2003 Mercury Marquis was reported stolen overnight by a Foster Street resident.
- 11:37 a.m. A caller on John Road reported her car was egged and she thought her neighbor was responsible.
- 12:47 p.m. Police responded to a report of a car accident with a pedestrian on Central Street near Town Variety. An officer said he transported a female driver to Foster Street, but no other details were reported.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.