The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 19-21.
Friday, Oct. 19
- 2:04 p.m. A 41-year-old man was issued a summons for domestic assault and battery, following a report of a past disturbance made at Peabody District Court.
- 2:24 p.m. Donna M. Auch, 48, of 418 Revere Beach Pkwy. #32, Revere, was arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 5:51 p.m. A caller reported her debit card number was used in three fradulent transactions on Oct. 17 at Walmart in Georgia in the amount of $450. There were no suspects. An office documented the incident and Metro Credit Union said it would investigate on its end.
- 6:12 p.m. A caller reported a male was passed out by the Dumpster at Greg's Lounge. He was taken to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- Between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m., police stopped six motor vehicles at the corner of Lake Street and Huntington Drive, all for speeding. Police gave verbal warnings to each person, although all of them were driving between 45 and 49 mph in a 30 mph zone.
Saturday, Oct. 20
- 3:44 a.m. A caller reported a male was out of control near the Bank of America ATM in Hannaford Plaza. Officers located suspect near the Lakeside School and reunited him with his friends. Police said he and the group were then enroute back to Hudson.
- 7:13 a.m. Middleton police reported that the Boston Street bridge at the town line into Peabody was starting to flood and that the catch basins were in Peabody. DPS was notified to check the area.
- 7:56 a.m. A caller on Dane Street reported a car break-in. Police said two unlocked cars in the driveway were entered and a GPS device, bow and arrow and some clothes were taken. The GPS device was then located in the street and returned to the owner.
- 8:27 a.m. A 34-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for possession of Class B and C drugs and transported by ambulance from her apartment on Crowninshield Street to Beverly Hospital. A caller had reported her daughter overdosed on prescription medication.
- 8:48 a.m. An officer reported it appeared another vehicle was broken into on Dane Street, but nothing was missing, according to the owner.
- 10:06 a.m. Another report of a car break-in on Dane Street. Police said someone rummaged through the glove box and console, but nothing was taken from the unlocked car.
- 1:29 p.m. A female caller reported she was walking near the Dunkin' Donuts on Washington Street and a male was following her in a green car. An officer reported the vehicle involved was a green 1994 Honda Accord, which left the area before the office arrived. The car was located at the corner of Winter and Oak streets and turned out to be a delivery driver for Pete's-A-Place who was makng deliveries in the area.
- 1:41 p.m. Jane A. O'Connor, 44, of 117 Lafayette St. #207, Salem, was arrested on two counts of shoplifting at Sears.
- 3:41 p.m. The Fire Department extinguished a small fire in a basement on Sabino Farm Road.
- 4:51 p.m. Police received a report of a car accident with injuries on Route 1 South near the former Country Cue Billiards. State police handled the accident.
- 8:30 p.m. An anonymous caller on Downing Road reported some neighbors were "blowing off fireworks." An officer checked the area, but said all was quiet at the time.
- 11:15 p.m. A female resident at the Tannery Apartments on Crowninshield Street reported her ex-boyfriend, who was currently still incarcerated in the Suffolk House of Corrections, violated a restraining order by mailing her a three-page letter. The Boston man was then issued a court summons on that charge.
Sunday, Oct. 21
- 1:11 a.m. Police received a report of a car doing donuts in the parking lot outside the Golden Banana. The car involved was then stopped on the southbound side of Route 1. Police said the male currently driving the car was not the owner and he had taken the wheel because of the owner's negligent driving before getting on the highway.
- 1:57 a.m. An officer reported a mailbox and street sign at the corner of Lowell and Perkins street were damaged, possibly by a vehicle.
- 6:23 a.m. Richard J. Nolet, 66, of 30B Shore Dr., Peabody, was arrested at his apartment for domestic assault.
- 7 a.m. A caller reported a sinkhole near the corner of Main and Howley streets. DPS was notified to respond to the scene.
- 7:01 a.m. Anthony R. Fontina, 26, of 6 Fountain St. #3, Peabody, was arrested for domestic assault and battery and on a warrant from Peabody District Court, following a domestic incident at his apartment.
- 7:47 a.m. A caller reported finding a hypodermic needle on the ground near a lightpost on Symphony Road. Police disposed of the needle.
- 8:08 a.m. Police retrieved a bicycle "stashed in the bushes" at a Warren Street residence and brought it back to the garage at the police station.
- 10:27 a.m. A caller on West Diane Road reported someone entered his unlocked motor vehicle and stole his wallet.
- 10:44 a.m. A caller on Waselchuk Drive reported someone entered her car, which was unlocked, and stole several gift cards.
- 12:49 p.m. Chandra Garcia, 42, of 1 Lucier St., Nashua, N.H., was arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 1:16 p.m. A caller on Leonard Road reported her unlocked vehicle was entered by someone.
- 1:37 p.m. Steven M. Sharry, 56, of 2 Hoover Ave., Peabody, was arrested for armed robbery at the pharmacy inside Hannaford's Supermarket. See related story.
- 1:43 p.m. Another caller on Leonard Road reported someone rifled through his daughter's unlocked car, but nothing was taken.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.