Monday, Aug. 26
- 2:53 p.m. A Penny Lane resident reported someone fraudulently cashed a money order that he mailed to his brother in Pennsylvania.
- 3:35 p.m. A caller reported a car was on fire near Furtado Plumbing on Main Street. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 5:15 p.m. Police received a call for medical aid at the Best Gas station on Route 1. A caller said a person "sprayed the skin off from the pressure washer." One person was transported to Lahey Clinic.
- 5:53 p.m. Report of a shoplifter detained at the Hollister Co. store in the mall. Police said they identified the suspect and would wait to hear from store security.
- 6:51 p.m. A juvenile was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital from Higgins Middle School after possibly breaking an arm while playing football.
- 6:51 p.m. A caller reported a hit-and-run car accident and said the suspect vehicle was headed from Macy's toward Northshore Road. He described the vehicle as a Red Dodge SUV occupied by four people. Police said it turned out to not be a car accident, but rather a shoplifting incident. The suspects fled in the SUV. Store security at Macy's said they were unsure what was stolen.
- 7:04 p.m. Angel Rodriguez, 22, of 45 Washington St. #4, Peabody, was arrested at his apartment, following a report of a domestic disturbance. He was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 7:57 p.m. Mihran A. Mosko, 40, of 286 Newbury St. #33, Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a disturbance and a male who was out of control. Mosko was charged on five default warrants from other departments on charges including larceny, receiving stolen property and breaking and entering.
- 9:49 p.m. A customer at the 7-Eleven on Lowell Street reported an employee stole her debit card. Police said the card was found outside next to the woman's car.
- 11:52 p.m. A caller reported a gas can was on fire in the alleyway on Irving Street. The Fire Department was notified and the fire was extinguished.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
- 9:18 a.m. A caller on Fulton Street reported an opossum was trying to get at his rabbits. The animal control officer advised him he would have to hire an exterminator if he didn't want to get rid of the animal himself.
- 10:02 a.m. A caller on Nathan's Way reported her mailbox was vandalized.
- 11:07 a.m. Christine Varone, 34, of 63 Central St., Saugus, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense). A caller reported a vehicle was parked in the lot outside the McCarthy School and the driver appeared to be sleeping inside. Varone was then taken into custody by police.
- 11:14 a.m. Adam D. Cook, 26, of 28 Veterans Memorial Dr., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on County Street. He was charged with driving with a revoked license and a brakes violation.
- 12:25 p.m. An officer gave a warning to a motorist for backing up onto the highway from Bertucci's on Route 1.
- 1:11 p.m. A caller on Britton Road reported youths were swimming in Spring Pond. Police checked the area, but didn't find anyone.
- 1:48 p.m. An officer responded to D&R Market on Foster Street on a report of a suspicious male entering the store carrying a golf club. The officer identified the man and sent him on his way.
- 2:21 p.m. A Lynnfield Street resident reported a stolen debit card.
- 4:51 p.m. A 27-year-old Peabody man was transported to Salem Hospital from his apartment on Main Street, following a report of a drug overdose.
- 5:10 p.m. An Oak Avenue resident reported a past break-in. Police said the resident was home at the time and the suspect entered the house through an unlocked basement window. The suspect was described as a white male, about 30 years old, with dark brown hair and wearing dirty work clothes. The man fled on foot in an unknown direction.
- 6:29 p.m. A caller on Drake Way reported there was a someone on an inflatable boat on the water and drinking. An officer said there were three youths in Crowninshield Pond who were fishing for eels. He advised them they were on private property and they moved along.
- 7:17 p.m. Carol A. Gajeski-Knight, 41, of Gloucester, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at a Bartholomew Street home. She was charged with assault and battery on an elderly or disabled person, domestic assault and battery, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on an elderly person.
- 11:04 p.m. The operator of a motorcycle was transported to Lahey Clinic after an accident on Lowell Street.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.