The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Jan. 9-11.
Monday, Jan. 9
- 7:49 p.m. Three teenage males (19, 19 and 18) from Winthrop and Boxford were issued summonses for being minors in possession of alcohol, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1 near the .
Tuesday, Jan. 10
- 1:28 a.m. An officer conducting a routine check at was informed by a hotel employee of a loud party in one room. A Peabody male and a Rockport male, both 20, were subsequently issued court summonses for malicious destruction of property over $250. The Rockport male was also charged with disorderly conduct.
- 6:43 a.m. A caller on Northshore Road reported a male wearing a flannel shirt was yelling and screaming in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Police said the male lives in the complex and was distraught over locking himself out. He was given a ride to his girlfriend’s house.
- 9:12 a.m. A caller on Bresnahan Street who said she was keeping an eye on her neighbor’s house reported that the home was broken into overnight. Entry was gained through a window.
- 1:16 p.m. A caller on Northend Street reported someone stole documents from her computer and was sending them to her ex-husband.
- 1:20 p.m. A caller reported a man was dressed in a costume and yelling at cars on Walnut Street near the .
- 3:14 p.m. A caller on Sandra Road reported a suspicious-looking man in a red truck approached a young girl after she got off the school bus. The man was white with short brown hair and approximately 40 years old. Police said the man gestured to the 10-year-old girl to come over to the truck, but instead she ran to a neighbor’s house. The truck then took off in an unknown direction.
- 4:42 p.m. A Diane Road resident reported a suspicious-looking red pickup truck was in the area. Police were unable to locate the truck.
- 4:53 p.m. A caller on Jordan Road reported kids were throwing rocks at cars. Police said the youths were actually throwing paintballs at a tree and missed.
- 6:44 p.m. A detective reported confiscating some drugs from a motor vehicle parked outside . No further details were available.
- 7:10 p.m. Police received a report of a stolen X-box game system at a Henry Terrace residence. Police and the suspect’s father indicated it was related to a drug problem.
- 8:09 p.m. A caller on Quail Road reported hearing a loud bang and seeing a bright flash in the neighborhood. The light plant was notified. An officer checked the area and could find nothing amiss.
- 9:09 p.m. A caller on Chestnut Street, who reported a past burglary, said a former employee threatened her. A 46-year-old Salem man was issued a summons for assault and battery and breaking and entering.
Wednesday, Jan. 11
- 8:32 a.m. A caller on Castle Circle asked to speak to an officer regarding a dispute over construction debris. Police said the dispute was about sawdust created by the construction.
- 10:36 a.m. Police received a report of a motor vehicle into a tree on Winona Street. There were no injuries, although the car was towed.
- 10:50 a.m. An officer investigated a past assault and battery at .
- 1:46 p.m. Police received a report of an intoxicated man inside on Foster Street. The man was transported to Salem Hospital.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.