The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 2-3.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- 12:23 a.m. A caller at Mobile Estates on Route 1 reported a larceny from a residence. A laptop computer and digital converter were stolen. An officer reported attempting to contact a suspect, but there was no answer at the person's door.
- 12:49 a.m. A caller reported a car break-in at Brothers Kouzina on Route 1. Both front windows were broken and a GPS device and a pair of designer sunglasses were stolen.
- 10:54 a.m. Brian J. Walsh, 38, of 36 Shore Dr., Peabody, was arrested for shoplifting at Sears. He was also charged on a warrant out of Boston District Court. Police said he was using a box cutter to snip tags off of merchandise.
- 11 a.m. A 60-year-old Lynn woman was transported to Salem Hospital after a three-car accident on Route 114 near Kappy's. Her car and another vehicle were towed away.
- 12:48 p.m. A caller on John Road reported some bottles were thrown at his car.
- 4:48 p.m. An officer reported a dog was hit by a car at the corner of Lake Street and Maddabon Place. The dog was killed in the accident.
- 7:46 p.m. Police recieved a report of a possible intoxicated male passed out on the stairs of Zannino Insurance on Foster Street. A male was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 9:14 p.m. Randen R. Davis, 37, of 111 Foster St. #210, Peabody, was arrested for domestic assault and battery, following a report of an incident at his apartment.
- 9:34 p.m. A caller on Rockdale Avenue reported a stolen car radio. Police said the radio was actually stolen when the car was picked up in Springfield.
Monday, Dec. 3
- 4:04 a.m. Stephanie Boutchie, 21, of 21 Winthrop St., Essex, was arrested for trespassing and disorderly conduct (subsequent offense), following a report of an unwanted person at a Pulaski Street home.
- 9:54 a.m. An officer pulled over a box truck with New Jersey plates after the truck almost hit the nose of the police cruiser on Pulaski Street. The driver was issued a citation for a red light violation.
- 10:34 a.m. A caller on Donegal Road reported a past break-in. Police said entry was gained to the basement and some games and a headset for an Xbox 360 console were stolen.
- 1:17 p.m. Public Services responded to a water main break on Route 1.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.