The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 18-19.
Monday, March 18
- 6:24 a.m. A caller on Perley Avenue reported her son was refusing to go to school. An officer arrived and transported the teen to the high school.
- 8:50 a.m. Berlin S. Hernandez, 27, of 34 Veterans Memorial Dr., Peabody, was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Peabody District Court.
- 9:09 a.m. A Coleman Street resident reported someone fraudulently opened a cell phone account in his daughter's name. The girl is four.
- 10:25 a.m. An employee at About Face Kitchens on Walnut Street reported five dollies were stolen over the weekend.
- 10:45 a.m. A landlord at a Central Street apartment reported he wanted police to remove two women who didn't live there. Rita A. Hogan, 48, of 78 Central St. #3, Peabody, was arrested on three outstanding warrants from Peabody and Lynn district courts and Jennifer L. Goodman, 42, of 22 Bertuccio Ave., Salem, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Salem District Court. The charges were check forgery and larceny.
- 12:04 p.m. Dennis A. Burke, 46, of 5 McIntyre Ct. #2, Peabody, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct, following a report of a fight outside Haven from Hunger.
- 12:09 p.m. A Washington Street resident reported his neighbor's chimney fell down on his fence. A city building inspector responded to check the roof and said a second chimney was also in danger of collapsing. The property owner said he would hire a contractor to secure the chimney.
- 2:06 p.m. A caller at the Golden Banana reported her cell phone was stolen.
- 2:08 p.m. Brooke A. Cuoco, 21, of 4 Seaview Ave., Danvers, was arrested on a charge of shoplifting, following an incident at Nordstrom.
- 5:08 p.m. A Travis Terrace resident reported she sent her taxes in via the U.S. Postal Service, but they never arrived. An investigation was conducted by the post office, but did not locate the mail. The case was forwarded on to detectives for further investigation.
- 6:27 p.m. A caller on Ray Street reported his motor vehicle was stolen from his driveway. Police said the car was recovered by the owner just two streets over. His son had parked it there.
- 8:41 p.m. An Avalon Drive resident reported someone stole his identity and filed a fraudulent tax return with it.
- 10:13 p.m. A caller reported there was a suspicious vehicle at the corner of Dobbs Road and Pulaski Street. Police said the driver was video chatting with his girlfriend and sent him on his way.
- 10:31 p.m. Report of a 2005 Ford F250 stolen from Cedar Pond Village.
Tuesday, March 19
- 12:51 a.m. An officer reported a vehicle drove through a tennis court at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. Robert Losanno, 18, of 4 Marion Rd., Peabody, was then arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and trespassing. Police said he was operating a black 2012 Jeep Liberty. No injuries were reported.
- 2:37 a.m. State police called in a report of a rollover on I-95 South at the split with Route 1. Police said a box truck overturned. EMS was on the scene as well as fire crews. The driver wasn't trapped inside.
- 5:08 a.m. DPS asked for help moving vehicles parked on Tracey Street in violation of the parking ban. Nine vehicles were ticketed.
- 5:43 a.m. DPS requested help moving vehicles on Sprague Street. One vehicle was ticketed.
- 6:18 a.m. One vehicle was ticketed on Foster Street for violation of the parking ban.
- 6:26 a.m. One vehicle was ticketed on Central Street for violation of the ban.
- 6:40 a.m. One vehicle was ticketed on Main Street for violation of the ban.
- 7:13 a.m. A caller reported a hit-and-run accident involving a plow truck on Willowbrae Drive.
- 7:22 a.m. A female passenger in a two-car accident at the corner of Main and Howley streets was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 7:22 a.m. One vehicle was ticketed on Chestnut Street for violation of the ban.
- 7:47 a.m. One vehicle was ticketed on Fountain Street for violation of the ban.
- 9:44 a.m. An officer reported he was trying to locate the plow driver who cleared the property at 256 Washington St. He said the driver cleared the driveway and created a snow roadblock across Washington Street. The property owner was eventually contacted and said he would take care of the problem.
- 10:24 a.m. A plow driver reported he damaged a parked car on Lowell Street and needed assistance in trying to locate the owner.
- 10:40 a.m. The plow supervisor reported that one of his drivers informed him a Louis Road resident had pulled a knife out on the driver. An officer responded and said there was just a verbal argument between the two men.
- 10:43 a.m. An officer issued a ticket for a vehicle parked on the sidewalk and impeding snow removal on Warren Street.
- 1:08 p.m. A Summit Street resident reported some signs and a mailbox were stolen.
- 1:44 p.m. Report of a two-car accident at the corner of Central and Tremont streets. A 17-year-old male was transported to Salem Hospital and other juvenile was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.