The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 23-25.
Friday, Nov. 23
- 2:48 p.m. A female caller on Crane Brook Way reported an incident involving a gray van. Police said the female appeared to be intoxicated and hearing voices.
- 4:43 p.m. Yann C. Ketchanga, 24, of Fairfax, Va., was arrested for driving with a suspended license and credit card fraud at Sears.
- 4:57 p.m. Report of a water main break at Glen Drive and Intervale Avenue. DPS was notified.
- 5:38 p.m. Staff at the Verizon Wireless kiosk in the Northshore Mall reported someone stole a cell phone.
- 5:44 p.m. Marcia M. Gomes, 18, of 14 Walsh Ave., Peabody, and Linda Pratto, 18, of 43 Reed Rd., Peabody, were both arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 7:27 p.m. Ryan P. Stevens, 20, of 2 Felton Ter., Peabody, was arrested on a default warrant out of Gloucester District Court, following a motor vehicle stop near Macy's.
- 7:36 p.m. Eric C. Amor, 41, of 286 Washington St., Salem, was arrested for domestic assault and malicious destruction of property over $250, following a report of a break-in at an apartment on Mill Street.
- 7:56 p.m. Police received a report of a road rage incident at the CVS on Lynnfield Street. Police said there was an argument over a parking spot. One person was refusing to move. Both individuals were sent on their way.
- 8:51 p.m. Roy Demasse, 30, of 8 Walnut St. #204, Peabody, was arrested at the Peabody Car Wash. He was charged on two outstanding warrants from Lynn and Woburn district courts, larceny over $250 and possession of Class B and E drugs.
- 10:14 p.m. Police received multiples calls of a loud explosion in the area of Raylen Avenue. Police checked the area, but could not find anything out of the ordinary.
Saturday, Nov. 24
- 7:53 a.m. An officer reported it appeared someone crashed into a motorcycle on Caller Street sometime during the night and knocked the bike over, damaging the handlebars.
- 8:52 a.m. A caller at the Fairweather Apartments reported her mother took a bottle of prescription pills. The grandmother was taken to Salem Hospital.
- 9:01 a.m. A homeowner on Wallis Ann Road reported that on Nov. 18, $1,500 was taken from the home during an open house.
- 11:13 a.m. Report of a brush fire at TJ Maxx on Route 114. The Fire Department reported there was a cigarette thrown in the mulch. The fire was extinguished.
- 12:14 p.m. A caller at the Holy Ghost Society Cultural Center reported she saw a male hit a female in the head with a can. The male was wearing a camouflage jacket and a blue winter hat. He was last seen leaving the area on foot toward the cemetery on Mount Vernon Street. An officer spoke to the victim who said she and her friend were having an argument and she was fine.
- 1:04 p.m. An employee at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street reported a customer drove off without paying for gas.
- 1:51 p.m. An officer reported spotting a vehicle with Massachusetts plates in the parking lot near the Salem Five Bank at the mall. The vehicle was connected with several break-ins in the area.
- 1:56 p.m. A 52-year-old man bench pressing weights at a gym on Foster Street dropped the bar on his chest. Police said he was having difficulty breathing and was taken to Mass. General Hospital.
- 1:56 p.m. Joseph Marchesi, 30, of 47 Lake Shore Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic dispute at a Lynn Street home. He was charged with breaking and entering for a felony, malicious destruction of property over $250 and domestic assault.
- 1:57 p.m. A caller reported a road rage incident over a parking spot at the Northshore Mall. An officer reported the caller was upset over losing a parking spot.
- 2:56 p.m. A 44-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for assault and battery, following a report of an assault earlier in the day at R&A Automotive.
- 4:26 p.m. A 52-year-old Methuen woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 4:47 p.m. A 17-year-old Salem female was issued a court summons for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 6:49 p.m. Mall security reported a purse was stolen from an unlocked car out in the parking lot.
- 7:06 p.m. An officer reported there was an expanding sink hole in front of McDonald's on Main Street. The officer rearranged traffic barrels to diver traffic around the hole. DPS was notified.
- 11:53 p.m. Matthew E. Coffey, 21, of 38 Case Dr., Revere, was arrested, following a report of a domestic at a Main Street apartment. He was charged with two counts each of wanton destruction of property over $250 and domestic assault and battery.
Sunday, Nov. 25
- 5:16 a.m. A caller on Douglas Street reported her daughter left the area in a white Mercedes SUV with two flat tires after drinking the night before. She said the vehicle might be on Main Street heading toward Salem. Salem police were notified and stopped the SUV on Main Street. Police said the driver passed a field sobriety test, but the vehicle was left legally parked on the street and the female was picked up by her mother.
- 10:54 a.m. The Animal Control Officer responded to the McCarthy School to check on an injured deer. The ACO said the deer was severely injured and was consequently euthanized. DPS was notified to remove carcass.
- 11:01 a.m. A caller reported an erratic operator near the Northshore Mall. The caller said the vehicle was swerving into other lanes, almost struck a curb and was stopping at crosswalks. Police checked the area, but could not locate the vehicle.
- 11:01 a.m. Matthew Pereira, 20, of 64 Butler St., Salem, was arrested, following a report of a suspicious vehicle on Oak Avenue. He was charged on a warrant from another department.
- 1:49 p.m. A female reported a friend of hers set up a medical fund for her child, but now would not release the funds to her. She said her attorney advised her to report the situation to the police.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.