Wednesday, Sept. 11
- 2:09 p.m. a Martinack Avenue resident reported an attempted scam over the telephone.
- 3:10 p.m. An officer gave a motorist a verbal warning for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle (a fire engine) on Lynn Street.
- 4:34 p.m. Police and firefighters responded to a report of a brush fire in the median strip on Route 1 near Bagel World. Police said one lane of traffic was temporarily shut down.
- 6:03 p.m. Report of a three-car accident at Sonic Drive-In. Police said there were no injuries and the state police would handle the accident.
- 6:08 p.m. A caller on Hancock Street reported he witnessed a male jumping a fence to a vacant lot and stealing wood from the site. The person was described as a shirtless, elderly man with gray hair and glasses. An officer spoke to the man and he said he had permission from the property owner to take the wood for firewood.
- 7:36 p.m. A caller at the Park Place mobile home park on Route 1 reported he was almost hit by a motorcycle near the Peabody and Danvers line. Police said the incident actually occurred in Danvers and advised the man to file a report with Danvers police.
- 7:43 p.m. A caller reported a past car break-in at the Holy Ghost Society Cultural Center. A GPS device, converter, drill and loose change were stolen.
- 9:08 p.m. A caller reported a female was "screaming for help" at a Caller Street apartment. Police spoke to the woman and she said she was just yelling at her boyfriend on the phone. She was advised to keep her voice down.
Thursday, Sept. 12
- 5:41 a.m. A Violet Road resident reported he didn't have any water service. Police said the Department of Public Services was already at the scene of a water break, making repairs and the water would be turned off for a while.
- 8:31 a.m. A caller reported there was a dead raccoon at the corner of Tremont and Webster streets.
- 10:34 a.m. A Clement Avenue resident reported his vehicle was struck last night by a neighbor and the two had agreed to exchange their information. Now, however, the neighbor was refusing to provide that information.
- 10:41 a.m. A female caller reported she went on a walk Monday near Emerson Park and was harassed by a student at Higgins Middle School.
- 11:44 a.m. A caller reported someone stole his iPhone from his car parked at Neatco on Lowell street.
- 11:46 a.m. A Paul Avenue resident reported jewelry and cash were stolen from his home. Police said $5,000-$6,000 worth of jewelry and $175 in cash were missing.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.