The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 22-23.
Thursday, Nov. 22
- 2:10 p.m. A caller on Bartholomew Street reported a 1960s or 1970s era car was drag racing on the street. Police checked the area, but were unable to find the vehicle.
- 3:46 p.m. Police reported two mailboxes were knocked over at the corner of Perkins and Lowell streets. The cement bases were broken from the ground.
- 5:15 p.m. A caller reported a green Jeep and a white Honda Civic collided at the intersection of Sylvan Street and Route 114 and it appeared both drivers were intoxicated. The vehicles were gone from the scene when police arrived.
- 5:18 p.m. A Johnson Avenue resident reported his niece stole his mother's wallet. Police said $51 and a few other items were taken from the wallet.
- 7:45 p.m. A caller reported there was a strong odor of marijuana coming from the third floor of an apartment building on Main Street. Police confirmed there was an odor, but could not determine where it was coming from.
- 8:39 p.m. A Walnut Street resident reported her purse, containing two passports, $200 in cash and assorted credit cards, was stolen from the front entrance of her building. Police later said the purse was recovered, minus the $200.
- 9:46 p.m. A 34-year-old was transported to Beverly Hospital, following a report of a past assault at a Fulton Street home.
Friday, Nov. 23
- 12:24 a.m. Police reported there was a large crowd outside Toys R Us and no officer on detail -- the store had refused to hire a detail.
- 1:38 a.m. Store security at Macy's Men's & Furniture detained one juvenile who had no ID, but $42 in sweatpants. Police said the store would handle the matter and the youth's parents were called.
- 1:59 a.m. Lourdes Gonzalez, 35, of 99 Webb St., Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on County Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
- 2:59 a.m. While on detail at the Northshore Mall, two officers reported quelling a disturbance between a female and male relative. The female left to go home and male was going to be picked up by his father.
- 4:37 a.m. Jonathan Delosantos, 20, of 5 Oakwood Ave. #C9, Lynn, was arrested, following a two-car accident on Lynn Street. There were no injuries. Delosantos was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 7:21 a.m. A Paul Avenue resident reported someone spilled motor oil on his driveway. He had a suspect, but he would not give the person's name to police.
- 8:52 a.m. Police received multiple calls of a woman walking south in the northbound lane of Route 1. The female was described as wearing a dark peacoat with her eyes closed and walking in a travel lane. Police said the woman was picked up before they arrived on the scene.
- 9:36 a.m. Mirna Portillo, 33, and Rosa M. Portillo, 23, both of 29 Auburn Ave. #2, Somerville, were arrested for shoplifting and receiving stolen property under $250 at Sears.
- 11:18 a.m. Police checked on a person who dropped off items off at a pawn shop (Cash for Gold at the mall) numerous times within 30 minutes. Police identified the person. No further details were available.
- 12:42 p.m. Report of a car into a pole on Bartholomew Street. The pole was inspected by PMLP and the vehicle was towed away. No injuries were reported.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.