The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 8-10.
Friday, March 8
- 2:18 p.m. A man was transported to Beverly Hospital after falling in a pond behind his house on Bartholomew Street. See related story.
- 3:07 p.m. Report of a curb jutting into the roadway, obstructing traffic in Wilson Square. Police said the curbing was moved over to a snowbank.
- 5:10 p.m. A 44-year-old Salem woman and a 17-year-old female relative were issued court summonses each on a charge of shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 5:34 p.m. A Danvers couple -- age 42 and 39 -- were issued court summonses each on a charge of shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 5:54 p.m. An officer reported all the blue lights at city intersections had been turned off to signal the end of the parking ban.
- 6:08 p.m. An officer responded to a dispute over snow between neighbors on Swampscott Avenue. He said he advised them not to throw snow on each other's property.
- 7:39 p.m. Youths at a Washington Street apartment reported a white male wearing a "beanie" and an orange tank top and driving a black Jeep had stopped and accosted them. The youths said he accused them of throwing a snowball at his Jeep, chest-bumped one of them and aggressively entered the property, demanding to confront a parent. There were no parents home and the man then apparently left. The youths said they believed the man was impaired.
- 8:30 p.m. Police notified DPS that Russell Street needed to be re-plowed and sanded.
Saturday, March 9
- 12:07 p.m. A caller on Cobb Avenue reported a plow damaged her retaining wall.
- 1:11 p.m. A caller reported an intoxicated female was lying on a snowbank on Tracey Street. The female was taken to Salem Hospital.
- 7:06 p.m. A caller at the AT&T store in the mall reported a past larceny from the store. Two males, either white or Hispanic, removed $1,200 worth of phone casings from their security devices.
- 11:53 p.m. Amanda Pustorino, 17, of 10 Barrett Rd., Lynn, and a 16-year-old male were both arrested at a County Street residence, following a report of a disturbance. They were each charged with disorderly conduct and the male was also charged for underage possession of alcohol.
Sunday, March 10
- 3:21 a.m. Jennifer Wolf, 30, 52 Endicott St. #2, Salem, was arrested, following a two-car accident on Gardner Street. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. There were no injuries reported.
- 3:28 a.m. A caller reported a truck into a bridge on Route 1 near a ramp with I-95, but police were unable to find any signs of an accident.
- 8:26 a.m. A caller reported an intoxicated male with no pants on was roaming the halls and causing a disturbance at the Tannery Gardens apartments on Foster Street. Officers spoke with a male resident and said he agreed to "stay in his room for the remainder." Police received another call at 9:01 a.m. that the man was running through the halls, still with no pants, and banging on the walls. Steven G. Jach, 52, of 111 Foster St. #212, Peabody, was arrested and charged with disturbing the peace.
- 9:42 a.m. An officer, following up on a parking complaint, issued a ticket for a motor vehicle on the sidewalk on Warren Street.
- 9:53 a.m. A stop sign at the corner of Sewall and Holten streets was knocked down.
- 12:37 p.m. A caller at the AT&T store in the mall reported a past larceny. Surveillance cameras recorded a white male in his 20s, and wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, black jeans and white sneakers, steal an iPhone 4 from the store.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.