The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 21-23.
Friday, Dec. 21
- 3:37 p.m. A caller on Buxton Lane reported the fence blew over between her property and the Dunajski Dairy and the cows were no longer contained on the farm. An officer said the farm was advised to fix the fence and police suggested the homeowner speak with the city about an ordinance if she was concerned.
- 4:58 p.m. A female pedestrian was struck by a motor vehicle on Mill Street near the Charles Motel. Police said the woman had a head injury and was transported to Beverly Hospital.
- 6:23 p.m. A caller at Kindred Hospital reported a wallet was stolen with cards and $64 cash in it.
- 7:57 p.m. A female at Abercrombie Kids at the mall reported her purse was stolen.
- 9:50 p.m. Fernando Mesquita, 55, of 27 Quail Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lowell and Emerson streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to stop or yield and failure to wear a seat belt.
- 10:48 p.m. Christopher J. Regan, 26, of 110 Northridge Rd., Beverly, was arrested for two counts of domestic assault and battery and on a warrant from Salem District Court, following a report of a domestic disturbance at a Warren Street apartment.
- 10:51 p.m. A caller near Bagel World on Sylvan Street reported a suspicious male dressed in dark clothing with a screwdriver. Police were unable to find anyone.
Saturday, Dec. 22
- 1:10 a.m. Ashley Foster, 20, of 12 Chestnut Pk., Melrose, was arrested for disorderly conduct, following a car accident on Hampshire Road. Police said a vehicle with New Hampshire license plates struck a parked car and the driver was charged with disorderly conduct.
- 1:20 a.m. Police responded to a report of a disturbance at a party on Hampshire Road. An 18-year-old Peabody male was placed into protective custody with severe intoxication and a 55-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for keeping a disorderly house and allowing minors to consume alcohol.
- 1:33 a.m. Cassandra Garcia, 20, of 97 Washington St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Hampshire Road. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to use care in backing.
- 3:38 a.m. A caller on Mansfield Street reported a vehicle was revving its engine and waking the neighborhood. Police stopped the vehicle -- a black 2007 Ford Mustang -- at the corner of Lynnfield Street and Casco Road. The driver -- a 28-year-old man -- was issued a court summons for driving with a suspended license.
- 10:03 a.m. Police received a report of a male stealing merchandise at the Walgreens on Main Street. A caller said about $220 in items were taken by a brown-haired male wearing a puffed black coat.
- 11:08 a.m. A Bartholomew Street resident reported his neighbor was outside and she believes she hears voices inside her house. An officer checked the house and said there was a family member inside the house. There was no problem.
- 1:48 p.m. A caller at Christian Book Distributors reported there were dirt bikes ripping up the lawn outside. Police checked the area, but the bikes were no longer there. Police said they did find some tracks along the woods line.
- 2:02 p.m. An officer reported checking on a car in the fire lane outside Macy's. Ramon A. Morales, of 29 Trinity Ave. #3, Lynn, was arrested for driving with a revoked license (subsequent offense), giving a false name to a police officer and parking in the fire lane.
- 5:45 p.m. A 47-year-old man was transported to Salem Hospital with injuries after a report of an assault at the Courthouse Pub.
- 6:05 p.m. A caller on Nancy Avenue reported her kitchen was on fire. Police and firefighters responded to the scene and the fire crew doused the blaze with fire extinguishers.
- 6:21 p.m. A caller at Exclusive Hair Design By Tony Vargas on Main Street reported someone stole his bicycle.
- 7:39 p.m. Raul Cabrera, of 119 Lafayette St. #1196, Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Main Street. He was charged with driving with a revoked license and giving a false name and address to a police officer.
- 9:04 p.m. A caller at the Royal Garden reported a car break-in. A window was smashed and two purses and various debit/credit cards were stolen.
- 9:05 p.m. A female caller at a Main Street apartment reported her neighbor was banging on her door and making "vicious threats." Police were unable to locate the female suspect.
- 9:58 p.m. John Distefano, 24, of 45 Jerad Place Rd., North Andover, was arrested for trespassing, following a motor vehicle stop on Main Street.
Sunday, Dec. 23
- 12:36 a.m. Police responded to a rear-door burglar alarm at the Gamestop at 300 Andover St. Police said someone pried the door open.
- 12:50 a.m. An officer performing a routine property check at the Hannaford Plaza reported hearing an alarm sounding inside Casual Cuts. The officer said there was a burglarm attempt at the Gamestop store either through the rear door or the hair salon.
- 1:42 a.m. Daniel F. Nunes, 28, of 51 Aberdeen Ave., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Washington Street and Clement Avenue. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
- 4:15 a.m. Kasey R. Donovan, 24, of Goffstown, N.H., was arrested for breaking and entering for a felony and larceny over $250, following a burglary at Fire Headquarters. An officer reported seeing a male wearing firefighter's gear walking down Lowell Street near the station. A Fire Department deputy chief was notified and responded to the scene. Police said Donovan broke into the station via a bulkhead in the basement. The approximate value of the gear was more than $750, according to police.
- 9 a.m. A caller at Berry Place reported her vehicle -- a red 2010 Toyota Corolla -- was stolen.
- 12:22 p.m. A male fell off a ladder while cutting a tree on Central Street and was transported to Salem Hospital.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.