The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 9-11.
Friday, Nov. 9
- 2:34 p.m. A caller on Tremont Street reported she was concerned about a female who appeared to be living in her car. An officer said the vehicle involved was a gray Toyota Prius with New Hampshire license plates, but the car had already left the area.
- 3:55 p.m. Police responded to a two-car accident at the intersection of County and Lynnfield streets. A 32-year-old Saugus man was transported to Salem Hospital with a leg injury. Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
- 4:17 p.m. Carlos Rodrigues, 30, of 64 Tremont St. #2, Peabody, was arrested on two counts of violating a restraining order, following an incident at an Aborn Street apartment.
- 8:15 p.m. A caller at Crane Brook Way reported vandalism to his car. The man said the damage was done over the course of three weeks.
- 8:30 p.m. A caller reported teens dressed in black were throwing trash cans around at Pierpont Park. Police said the teens left before they arrived.
- 8:47 p.m. A caller at P.F. Chang's reported his car tire was slashed in the parking lot.
Saturday, Nov. 10
- 1:57 a.m. Joseph Collins, 20, of 39 Appleton St., Salem, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street.
- 2:38 a.m. An office reported several car parts were in the roadway on Summit Street. DPS was notified.
- 9:09 a.m. John A. Cardone, 24, of 27 Glen Dr., Peabody, was arrested for domestic assault and battery, following an incident at Joe's American Bar & Grill. Police said child endangerment charges would be filed as well.
- 10:14 a.m. An employee from the Save the Children kiosk at the Northshore Mall reported someone broke in and stole an envelope containing $50 in donations, along with a phone and a laptop computer.
- 10:51 a.m. A caller at Brooksby Village reported her wallet was stolen and several purchases were then made with her credit card.
- 1:32 p.m. Jonathan A. Reardon, 55, of 35 Chestnut St., Salem, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of an open container of alcohol and a marked lanes violation, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 114.
- 2:39 p.m. A caller at Cedar Pond Village reported jewelry was stolen from her home. She said somebody came into her apartment and stole multiple items on Nov. 6. Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
- 5:55 p.m. A 26-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for malicious destruction of property under $250, following a report of property damage to the front steps of an apartment building on Wallis Street.
- 6:02 p.m. Two 17-year-old Lynn females were issued court summonses for shoplifting at JC Penney. Store security detained the two teens and recovered $168 worth of merchandise.
- 6:30 p.m. The manager at Stop & Shop reported a male tried to steal a full carriage of groceries. The carriage and groceries were recovered -- $320 worth -- but the person took off on foot through the parking lot.
- 6:54 p.m. A brush fire was reported at St. Mary's Cemetery on Margin Street.
- 10:32 p.m. Arnie Stephens, 24, of 264 Main St., Andover, N.H., was arrested for speeding and possession of a Class B drug, following a motor vehicle stop on Railroad Avenue.
- 10:59 p.m. One person was transported to Salem Hospital after a vehicle crashed into a parked a car on Aborn Street.
- 11:59 p.m. Police received a report of an explosion in the area of Aborn Street. Police and fire units, as well as a Salem unit, checked the area and were unable to locate anything. Police said they received more than 45 calls about the explosion in a five-minute period. Police later said it may have been a transformer blowing or possibly a vapor explosion.
Sunday, Nov. 11
- 12:18 a.m. Police received a report of a loud bang in the area of Wallis Street. Police said Travel Leather was investigated as a possible source of the bang, but everything checked out at the building and there was nothing unusual.
- 10:40 a.m. A Lowell Street resident reported someone tried to break into his home through a front window while he was away on vacation.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.