The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 11-13.
Friday, Jan. 11
- 2:03 p.m. A caller at Maddy's Car Wash reported a crash inside the automated car wash. Police said the business owner and the owners of the vehicles involved would work out the issue themselves.
- 3:25 p.m. Christopher Dempsey, 20, of 397 North Westfield St., Feeding Hills, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop in the parking lot at the Northshore Mall. He was charged with possession with intent to distribute a Class A drug.
- 6:23 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop near Searsand cited the driver for failure to use care in an intersection and for wearing headphones.
- 8:13 p.m. Atlantic Ambulance responded to a car accident in the area of Route 114 and Violet Road and reported there was a crowd gathering around the accident scene. The EMTs said it appeared a fight was going to break out. Police said a Toyota was towed away and the driver was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
- 8:35 p.m. Residents at a mobile home park on Route 1 called to complain about loud music coming from one resident's trailer. They said he uses a police scanner to detect when complaints have been made and shuts the music off accordingly. Police said they then utilized a silent dispatch and arrived to check at the unit, but no noise could be heard from outside.
Saturday, Jan. 12
- 10:17 a.m. An employee at the Hess gas station reported a gas pump was damaged after a bus struck it.
- 12:01 p.m. A female came into the police station to report her wallet was stolen sometime the day before while at work at Lahey Clinic. She also provided documentation from Eastern Bank that showed three unauthorized transcations to her account.
- 12:28 p.m. A male caller dialed 911 because he was upset that a business wouldn't give him a receipt. Police said both sides were able to resolve their differences.
- 1:28 p.m. A female caller at a Collins Street apartment reported her black and pink leather jacket was stolen. The jacket was valued at $130.
- 2:06 p.m. Kelly J. Olsen, 41, of 55 Newcastle St., Lynn, was arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 6:16 p.m. Mall security reported a past hit-and-run accident. A caller reported she saw a white construction van strike a Toyota, but was unable to get a plate on the suspect vehicle before it fled the area. An officer documented the damage to the Toyota.
- 6:24 p.m. A caller reported a large amount of broken glass in the road at the corner of Bartholomew and Lynn streets.
- 6:56 p.m. A caller reported an erratic operator in Peabody Square. The vehicle was described as a Toyota Corolla with heavy front-end damage and a flat tire. The caller said the car crossed the center line numerous times. Police located the vehicle in front of Walgreens on Main Street and confirmed there was heavy damage and one wheel was destroyed. The car was towed and one male was transported to the police station. Peabody police discovered the male was reported missing from Manchester, N.H. and contacted the police department there. A family member was notified and was en route to pick him up.
- 9:04 p.m. A caller on Sunset Drive reported a loud bang coming from the woods behind her house. Police and firefighters checked the area, but didn't find anything out of the ordinary.
- 9:52 p.m. Danvers police reported a head-on collision on Route 114 at the intersection of Cross Street (near the Container Store). Three people were transported to Salem Hospital with injuries and both cars, which were totaled, were towed from the scene. Reports indicated traffic flow wasn't greatly affected by the crash. One of the victims was a 19-year-old Peabody female who was treated at the hospital and then released. Police said she was just shaken up and told them it was a "close call."
- 11:41 p.m. A caller reported a male urinated in the roadway on Hancock Street then got into a gray Nissan sedan. Police checked the area for the vehicle, but could not find it.
- 11:47 p.m. Sesar R. Merino, of 19A Lynnfield St., Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Aborn and Putname streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a marked lanes violation and speeding.
Sunday, Jan. 13
- 12:26 a.m. A male, who experiencing flu-like symptoms, was transported to Salem Hospital from a home on Felton Street.
- 12:09 p.m. Police responded to a report of a head-on collision on Lowell Street near Route 1. Both cars were towed, but there were no injuries.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.