Thursday, Sept. 19
- 1:21 a.m. Bryan Cortez, 26, of Dorchester, was arrested, following a car accident on Lynn Street near 7-Eleven. See related story.
- 9:13 a.m. A caller reported she believed there were two people using drugs in a green Cadillac on Foster Street. She said she saw the people again when she left the area and they looked like they might have passed out. Officers checked the area, but didn't find the car.
- 9:48 a.m. A Hourihan Street resident walked into the station to report parts were stolen off his car the night of Sept. 17.
- 11:11 a.m. A Salem woman was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident on Route 114.
- 12:14 p.m. Residents at Park Place mobile home park reported they were concerned that another resident there would try to steal their scrap metal.
- 12:15 p.m. A caller reported there was a metal cabinet on Route 128 near Lowell Street. A state highway crew was dispatched to remove it.
- 12:28 p.m. A caller reported there was a man standing in the road on Route 114 who had dropped his pants and was urinating. The man and his car were near the former Borders Books store. An officer spoke to the man who said he had a "medical condition and tried to find an inconspicuous place to handle his issue."
- 1:03 p.m. Gino Martiniello, 34, of 7 Barnstable Rd., Peabody, was arrested on a warrant from another department, following a motor vehicle stop on Madison Avenue. He was cited for a marked lanes violation. The warrant charges included trespassing and indecent exposure.
- 2:32 p.m. A caller on Margin Street near St. Mary's reported a pedestrian ran into his car. Police said everyone had left the scene before they arrived.
- 2:53 p.m. Salem police reported a child was struck by a motor vehicle while riding a bicycle on Margin Street near the city line. The juvenile was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital by ambulance. No charges or citations were issued at the time. The vehicle involved was a blue Dodge Durango driven by a 52-year-old Peabody man. Public Services brought the child's motorized bike back to the rear of the police station.
- 3:30 p.m. Police responded to a report of a car break-in at The Meadow golf course. Multiple items were stolen from the vehicle.
- 3:42 p.m. A caller on Sherman Street reported there was a female yelling at people in the area, trying to cause a fight. An officer spoke to two juveniles and said the issue started earlier that day at school. They were advised to stay away from each other.
- 4:20 p.m. A caller reported a past assault at Town Variety on Central Street.
- 7:11 p.m. A caller reported kids were playing chicken with vehicles pulling into Mobile Estates mobile home park on Route 1.
- 8:03 p.m. A caller reported two males were beating on another male at a Fulton Street residence. An officer reported there were three black males, all dressed in black with black hats, who fled the area on Fulton Street toward Tremont Street. Another witness said he saw the suspects jumping a fence on Dennis Street and run toward Harris Street. The male victim was transported to Salem Hospital.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.