The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from July 9-10.
Monday, July 9
- 2:56 p.m. A caller at reported a past theft. No further details were available.
- 3 p.m. A GPS device and wallet, containing $50 in cash and a credit card, were stolen from an unlocked car on Bay State Boulevard.
- 6:37 p.m. A caller reported a tractor-trailer knocked down a large tree limb, which was blocking the way on Ash Street. The Tree Department was notified.
- 6:51 p.m. A caller on Columbia Boulevard reported a GPS device was stolen from his car the night before.
- 7:54 p.m. A caller reported a possible house fire on Endicott Street -- the home was filled with smoke. The Fire Department said it turned out to only be a small kitchen fire and ventilated the smoke from the home.
- 8:11 p.m. A 32-year-old Peabody woman was issued a summons for leaving the scene of a car accident with property damage, following a hit-and-run accident at the corner of Aborn and Washington streets. The victim said the suspect's license plate number was embedded into his rear bumper.
- 8:34 p.m. A caller reported four to seven teens were loudly arguing over a stolen cell phone at Pierpont Park. Police cleared the teens out of the park and told them it was closed for the evening.
- 8:57 p.m. Two 17-year-olds from Kensington, N.H. were issued summonses for shoplifting at .
- 9:06 p.m. A caller reported a 17-year-old male whom she knew pulled up beside her car on Lowell Street (near ) and began to yell profanities at her and "give her the finger." Police said the behavior stemmed from another incident they investigated involving the teen. His father was notified and advised that if the issue continues, the teen would be issued a court summons for criminal harassment.
- 9:26 p.m. A caller reported she was attacked with a fishing rod and spat on by her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend at an Oak Avenue residence.
- 10:21 p.m. An employee reported two customers entered and made threats towards another employee. They left the scene in a black GMC Jimmy. The caller said the pair appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. State police in Danvers were notified. After further investigation, an officer said one male was white and one black -- they started making threats toward employees when they did not get their food fast enough. None of the employees were familiar with the two.
Tuesday, July 10
- 12:21 a.m. Police responded to a report of a two-car accident and one vehicle into a fence on Forest Street. Police said the driver of one vehicle fled on foot before they arrived. The other driver and a passenger in that car were both transported to . Both vehicles were towed.
- 9 a.m. A caller on Russell Street reported a suspicious person in a motor vehicle was taking pictures of the neighborhood the day before.
- 10:33 a.m. George A. Siopis, 27, of 12 Blaney Ave., Peabody, was arrested at his home on a warrant for motor vehicle violations. Police said he would also be charged with an unrelated larceny.
- 12:01 p.m. A caller at the on Foster Street reported he believed he was struck by a motor vehicle the night before, but didn't report it at the time because he was too drunk. The man was taken to Salem Hospital.
- 1:50 p.m. An officer reported some vandalism at the Kelly-owned dealership on Cross Street. The windows on three vehicle were broken, one vehicle had all four tires stolen off it and other was missing a spoiler.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.