The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 9-10.
Tuesday, April 9
- 2:43 p.m. Police received a report of two males and a female arguing at the post office on Wallis Street. An officer said one man was upset that a woman would not return her cell phone to him. Jean Tobin, 45, of 65 Central St., Peabody, was then located and arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Peabody District Court.
- 9:27 p.m. Report of an armed robbery at Holden Oil. See related story.
- 10:09 p.m. A caller on Ledgewood Way reported her boyfriend dropped off her vehicle 20 minutes ago and appeared to be intoxicated and on drugs. She said he was making suicidal statements to her, was attempting to overdose, and took off on foot. Officers tried to contact by cell phone without success and said they possible sighted him still in the area, but he fled on foot near the rear of the high school. Police were unable to find the man at the time.
Wednesday, April 10
- 2:30 a.m. A caller at a Crane Brook Way residence reported something was thrown in the front window. The man called back and said it was a varmit that had entered the home and was wreaking havoc in the living room.
- 10:52 a.m. A caller at a Tracey Street apartment reported her dryer was stolen. An officer advised her to speak with her landlord to see if the machine was moved out of the backyard.
- 12:19 p.m. Two women were transported to Salem Hospital by ambulance after a two-car accident at the corner of Central and Tremont streets.
- 12:49 p.m. A 14-year-old resident was issued a court summons for criminal harassment, following a report of harassment at Higgins Middle School.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.