The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 18-19.
Thursday, Oct. 18
- 2:44 p.m. A caller on Pierpont Street reported a theft of copper pipes from the home. An officer spoke with the suspect and said the pipes would be returned to the homeowner the next day or the person would be facing charges.
- 3:50 p.m. Police received a report of a person shoplifting baby formula from the Walmart in Danvers -- the car then headed down Route 114 into Peabody. There was a man driving the car -- a red 1995 Toyota Corolla -- and there were two children in the backseat. Danvers and state police then said they had the car stopped near the on-ramp to Route 128 and would be handling the charges. Danvers police said they also had one person in custody back at Walmart.
- 4:07 p.m. A Carpenter Street resident reported someone stole his credit card and used it numerous times. The last time he had his card was on June 27. The total fraudulent charges were $267.
- 7:02 p.m. An employee at Latitude Sports Clubs reported a past disturbance. Police said a man made suicidal threats after he was kicked out of the gym at Latitude. Lynnfield officers were already checking on the well being of the man at his home.
- 7:28 p.m. Carlos Lares-Mejia, 24 of 674 Western Ave. #4, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
- 7:32 p.m. A caller reported an iPhone 4 and North Face jacket was stolen from the gym area at the YMCA.
- 9:20 p.m. A caller on Water Street reported an erratic driver was passing cars and went through a red light. Police were unable to find the vehicle.
- 10:21 p.m. A caller on Silverleaf Way reported a neighbor was banging at the door with a rock and did damage to the apartment door. An officer spoke to the caller, but said there were no actual witnesses to the incident.
Friday, Oct. 19
- 12:55 a.m. A caller on Washington Street reported a pair of sweat pants and a blanket were stolen from his apartment. An officer said the man did not want to file a report at the time. He said a homeless male took the items and just wanted police to be on the lookout.
- 2:43 a.m. Kaitlyn A. Crane, 22, of 391 Cedar Brook Rd., Lynn, was arrested at a Johnson Avenue home, following a report of a domestic incident. She was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 4:39 a.m. Celton Pelaez, 36, of 84 Aborn St. #2408, Peabody, was arrested by detectives and state police, as part of a regional drug raid. He was charged with trafficking oxycodone and possession of Class B and D drugs and transported to the Lynn Police Department to be interviewed. See related story.
- 5:33 a.m. A 23-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for domestic assault and domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (a door), following an incident at his apartment on Ethel Avenue. A female reported a fight with her boyfriend.
- 12:15 p.m. A caller on Littles Lane reported a person in a black pickup truck came onto his property and tried to take an unsecured bicycle, but when confronted, the person left.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.