The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Aug. 14-15.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
- 3:16 p.m. Police received a report of two males attacking a female on the railroad tracks behind Foster Street. Police said the people were intoxicated and needed to be evaluated by EMS. One male and the female were taken to Salem Hospital. John J. McKenna, 55, listed as a homeless Peabody resident, was arrested on four warrants -- three out of Salem District Court and one out of .
- 3:19 p.m. A caller in the parking lot by reported the passenger side windows on his Honda Civic were smashed.
- 4:28 p.m. A caller on Driscoll Street reported an oil barrel was knocked over off a pickup truck and was leaking oil. Police said there was a trail of oil from Tremont Street to the Salem line. Salem police were notified. An officer said the oil tank was removed from a cellar on Tremont Street. The vehicle was located at an Abington Avenue home and a resident there, a 30-year-old man, was issued a court summons for illegal dumping.
- 6:37 p.m. A caller on Bowditch Street reported her ex-boyfriend threatened to kill her.
- 7:20 p.m. A caller at reported he was being followed by a man in a gold Jeep Cherokee. The caller told an officer he noticed the vehicle following him in the vicinity of Driscoll Street. He said he believed the driver of the vehicle was the same person who was harassing him about a debt owed by his cousin who is in federal prison.
- 9:05 p.m. A caller at Eagan Place reported both license plates were stolen off her car along with a weed trimmer and a junk lawnmower.
- 9:06 p.m. Police responded to a security alarm at a home on Whitney Drive. Police said someone broke a rear sliding door and entered the home, but nothing was taken.
- 9:23 p.m. A caller reports her husband called her and said he was locked in his van and bleeding and going in and out of consciousness. Police located the vehicle in a parking lot on Central Street and said the man was fine. The woman then told police she overreacted to the situation and misinterpreted what her boyfriend was trying to tell her.
- 9:49 p.m. A caller on Kyleigh Lane reported someone placed fireworks in the mailbox and destroyed some pieces of mail.
- 10:16 p.m. Mark J. Castonguay, 39, of 14 Collins St. #6, Peabody, was arrested, following a car accident at the corner of Tremont and Sprague streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (third offense), failure to yield the right of way, driving with a suspended license (subsequent offense) and possession of a Class B drug. There were no injuries and both cars were towed from the scene. Police had to temporarily shut down traffic on Tremont Street however.
- 10:59 p.m. A caller on Donegal Road reported a car hit his two cars parked in his driveway and fled the scene. Police said the vehicle hit the first car hard enough to send it into the second parked vehicle.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- 12:17 a.m. Police received a report of a fight that occurred at an unknown location involving multiple females, one of which was from Peabody, and which was actually witnessed on Facebook. There was a video on Facebook of the altercation. Police said detectives would follow up to see if anything could be gleaned from the video.
- 7:06 a.m. A caller at the Pulaski Street industrial park reported someone broke into his car via smashing a window and damaged the interior lighting. He wasn't sure if anything was missing.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.