The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from April 13-15.
Friday, April 13
- 2:49 p.m. An employee at reported a female shoplifter stole five pairs of sunglasses valued at $1,700 and left the area in a tan-colored car, which was parked in the fire lane.
- 3:01 p.m. Odilia Gomez, 27, of 49 Kirkland St. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street. She was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
- 4:52 p.m. An Aberdeen Street resident reported her mail was tampered with two weeks ago at her previous residence. She said she needed a police report in order for the U.S. Postal Service to further investigate the matter.
- 5:39 p.m. Danvers police reported a motor vehicle accident with injuries near Exit 25 on Route 128 South. There were three vehicles involved and state police were notified. The Fire Department also responded to the scene. Traffic was closed down to one lane between Exit 24 and 25A on the southbound side while the vehicles were removed. No further details were available.
- 7:09 p.m. Police responded to a report of a woman screaming at a Lowell Street home. Police said the dispute was only verbal in nature between the woman and her boyfriend, but she did sustain minor wounds when she slammed the rear door, yelling at the boyfriend.
Saturday, April 14
- 12:44 a.m. A caller said there were two intoxicated males causing a disturbance at Oliveira's Steak House and refusing to leave. Police said the pair had left before they arrived. The men were described as tall and Hispanic -- one of them wore red glasses.
- 6:43 a.m. Salvatore Fazio, 54, and Rhonda M. Fazio, 48, both of 11 Winship Dr., Wakefield, were arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1 South near . He was charged with driving with a suspended license while she was charged on a warrant for failure to report for jury duty.
- 7:05 a.m. A caller on Winter Street reported a past hit-and-run car accident. Police said all four tires on the car were slashed and the front fender was damaged. An officer identified a suspect and forwarded the information on to detectives for follow-up.
- 10:06 a.m. Angelina N. Guzofski, 41, of 4 Oak Ave., Peabody, was arrested at her residence on a warrant for domestic assault and battery on an elderly person. A caller reported there was a disturbance around 4 a.m. to which officers responded and handled, but then the individuals had returned and were arguing again.
- 10:47 a.m. A caller on Summit Street reported his brown 1997 Dodge Caravan was stolen sometime since midnight.
- 12:28 p.m. A caller on Franklin Street reported a seven-foot tall rabbit decoration was stolen from his property. He did not wish to make a formal report at the time, but just wanted to notify police of the theft.
- 3:35 p.m. A resident reported someone filed a false tax return fraudulently using the person's Social Security number.
- 5:49 p.m. A caller reported someone tried to pry open the person's car door while the vehicle was parked on Foster Street. Police said door frame and frame on the vehicle were damaged in the attempt.
- 8:59 p.m. Police received a report of a past break-in at a Lynnfield Street home.
- 10:27 p.m. The Fire Department extinguished a small brush fire in front of on Lowell Street.
- 10:52 p.m. William Connatser, 31, of 24 Herrick Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at Mobile Estates on Route 1. He was charged on two counts each of domestic assault and battery and assault and battery on a police officer, along with resisting arrest and intimidating a witness. He led police on a foot chase before being apprehended. See related story.
Sunday, April 15
- 12:24 a.m. Dariel Perez, 17, of 50 Warren St. #508, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a fight at his apartment involving a knife. He was charged as an adult with domestic assault and battery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and on a temporary warrant.
- 1:58 a.m. Kevin M. McCormick, 40, of 24 Fourth St., Medford, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1 at Forest Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and a marked lanes violation.
- 4:44 a.m. A 38-year-old motorcyclist was transported to Salem Hospital after he crashed his 2009 Harley Davidson on Forest Street near . No further details were available.
- 7:08 a.m. A caller on Timothy Road reported her rear car window was broken overnight.
- 11:58 a.m. A caller reported suspicious activity on Burnham Road, possibly drug-related. The caller saw two white males in a blue Honda Civic with New Hampshire license plates. A resident at a Gardner Street home exited the house and handed the two males a small bag. The car then drove off. The caller said the vehicle does frequent the area.
- 12:35 p.m. A caller reported she fled from because of a pitbull there and left her mother behind. Another person said he was bitten by a dog. An officer spoke with two dog owners and documented the incident to forward to the Animal Control Officer.
- 1:49 p.m. A caller reported spotting a wild turkey in the area of the . He was concerned the bird could be carrying rabies. The caller was informed the birds are native to the area and are becoming more common. And no, birds don't carry rabies, only mammals.
For questions on this log email firstname.lastname@example.org.