Tuesday, Dec. 31
- 2:12 p.m. Sandy Villalona-Santana, 23, of 7 Elm St. #3, Peabody, was arrested on a charge of domestic assault and battery, following a report of a domestic incident between a male and a female.
- 2:15 p.m. A caller on Pontiac Road reported she couldn't shut off her stove. An officer responded to the home and unplugged the stove.
- 3:12 p.m. Two women, 61 and 59, were issued court summonses for shoplifting, following a report of shoplifters at Macy's.
- 3:34 p.m. A caller on Anthony Road reported his car was entered and the ignition was damaged.
- 3:42 p.m. A 46-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting by asportation after she was detained at Stop & Shop.
- 4:49 p.m. Jason R. Banville, 30, of 12 Oak Ave., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Bartholomew Street. He was charged with driving with a suspended license (subsequent offense).
- 5:18 p.m. Report of a water main break at the corner of Scott Drive and Terri Road. DPS was notified and requested to bring a sander as well because the road was becoming slick.
- 5:42 p.m. Joshua S. Boulay, 28, of Gloucester, was arrested at a Route 1 mobile home park on a warrant out of Salem District Court. The charges included five counts of leaving the scene of property damage, negligent operation of a vehicle, assault with a dangerous weapon, OUI, breaking and entering, larceny and other charges.
- 7:34 p.m. A cat was stuck in a fence on Central Street. An officer was able to free the cat.
- 11:12 p.m. Staff at Pellana Prime Steakhouse reported some intoxicated customers refused to pay their bill. An officer said that after some "gentle persuasion" the revelers paid up and left in a cab.
- 11:16 p.m. Staff at SpringHill Suites requested police remove guests for drug activity. Police checked out the situation and said there was no drug activity, but the guests were removed for being rowdy.
Wednesday, Jan. 1
- 12:13 a.m. A caller at Paddy Kelly's reported that people who were refused entrance were drinking outside the bar instead. An officer said the revelers left without incident.
- 12:46 a.m. A caller reported a white male in a gray shirt was trying to steal beer at the AOH Club. An officer checked the area, but the man wasn't there.
- 12:53 a.m. A fight was reported at the AOH Club. Police said peace was restored and the people were sent on their way.
- 2:21 a.m. A caller reported there were three males in the road on Warren Street, yelling and screaming.
- 9:51 a.m. Danvers police reported a brush fire off Route 128 South by Centennial Drive.
- 11:29 a.m. A caller reported there was a large patch of ice in the area of Ellsworth Road and King Street. DPS was notified to check the area for a possible water main break.
- 2:13 p.m. A caller on Central Street reported there was an intoxicated man damaging her apartment. The man was transported to Lahey Medical Center, Peabody.
- 4:15 p.m. A caller reported there was a 4-foot deep pothole near the corner of Washington and Aborn streets. Police said the pothole in question was only 8 inches and after a diligent search, there were no 4-foot potholes to be found.
- 5 p.m. A caller said that while she was at the Outback Steakhouse, someone entered her car and stole a Christmas bag with assorted presents.
- 6:27 p.m. Emergency department staff at Salem Hospital reported receiving a female patient who was injured in an assault the previous night.
- 11:27 p.m. Report of a two-car accident on Foster Street by Champions Pub. Police said the driver of the second vehicle fled the scene and was last seen on foot heading up Hancock Street. The suspect was described as a black male wearing a black jacket, winter cap and black sweat pants. Police contacted the owner of the vehicle and she said it was stolen from her residence on Harris Street.
Thursday, Jan. 2
- 2:29 a.m. An officer reported the pothole on Allens Lane right by the train tracks was getting larger. DPS was notified and asked to put a cone in the hole until it was repaired.
- 5:23 a.m. A caller reported a water main break on Buttonwood Lane.
- 9:31 a.m. Police requested plows respond for snow removal at the station.
- 10:11 a.m. DPS requested assistance with moving vehicles that were interfering with snow removal and were parked in violation of the parking ban on Harris, Fulton and Tracey streets and Walsh Avenue.
- 10:19 a.m. State police responded to a report of a vehicle that drove off Route 1 South into a parked vehicle at Louie's BMW Repair.
- 10:23 a.m. Report of two vehicles interfering with snow removal on Winthrop Street.
- 10:26 a.m. A vehicle hit a plow blade on a truck at the corner of Lowell and Johnson streets. There were no injuries.
- 10:45 a.m. Police assisted Public Services with moving cars on Newcastle Road to clear the way for plows.
- 12:18 p.m. A caller at the Peabody House on Walnut Street reported a utility scam via telephone.
- 12:52 p.m. Report of a beige sedan with a female driver that hit a fire hydrant at the corner of Wallis and Walnut streets. The vehicle lost its bumper and the car left the scene.
- 1 p.m. A car struck a pole at the corner of Lake Street and Huntington Drive. The driver was transported to Melrose-Wakefield Hospital.
- 1:11 p.m. A caller at Tasty Foods on Lowell Street reported a phone scam. Police said a false utility company was calling to seek payment.
Email email@example.com with any questions on this log.