.

Resident OK, But Getting Help From Red Cross After Cooking Fire

A Peabody resident will need another place to stay after a cooking fire on Saturday evening.

Avalon Essex apartments was the site of a cooking fire on Saturday night that left one resident looking for a new place to stay.
Avalon Essex apartments was the site of a cooking fire on Saturday night that left one resident looking for a new place to stay.

The American Red Cross is helping a Peabody resident find somewhere else to stay on Saturday night after a kitchen fire at his townhouse.

Peabody Fire Department Capt. John Hosman said the fire was reported at 7:44 p.m. at 42 Avalon Dr., at the Avalon Essex apartments off Prospect Street, near the Northshore Mall.

The resident was cooking when the fire broke out, Hosman said, and the fire was contained to the kitchen, including the stove and nearby cabinets. Two engines, a ladder truck and a deputy chief responded.

“It ended up being a small kitchen fire,” Hosman said.

Just one townhouse unit was affected by water and smoke damage.  The resident was checked out by Atlantic ambulance medics and found to be OK, Hosman said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »