The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 1-3.
Friday, March 1
- 3:36 p.m. The management at the Walgreens on Route 114 reported finding a suspicious looking powder in a bag, which turned out to be drugs. An officer responded to the scene and disposed of the drugs.
- 3:48 p.m. A Caller Street resident reported a black Volkswagen hit the home and took off from the scene. The caller heard a bang and looked out the window to see a blacked out newer model Volkswagen backed into a corner of the house, damaging the siding. The car then took off down Caller Street toward Walnut Street.
- 5:20 p.m. A 21-year-old woman was issued a court summons for larceny over $250, following a report of shoplifting at Nordstrom. Police said an employee was detained during the investigation of a theft worth more than $500.
- 9:24 p.m. A 62-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon and threats to commit a crime (to wit murder), following a report of an assault with a baseball bat at Mobile Estates on Route 1 where the man lives.
Saturday, March 2
- 1:04 a.m. A 31-year-old Lynn man was issued a court summons on a charge of driving recklessly so as to endanger, following a motor vehicle stop on Central Street.
- 1:30 a.m. A 19-year-old Peabody female was issued a court summons on two counts of malicious destruction of property over $250, following a report of an incident on Randall Road. A caller reported an unwanted female in a dark-colored Lexus. An officer stopped the car and said the windows to a Toyota were smashed along with the window at a house on Randall Road.
- 6:37 a.m. A caller reported there was a large fire extinguisher in the roadway on Lynnfield Street near Artie's Lynnfield Street Diner. An officer retrieved the extinguisher.
- 9:14 a.m. A resident reported someone fraudulently opened credit card accounts using her information.
- 9:42 a.m. Police received a report of a past break-in at Precision Time at the Northshore Mall.
- 12 p.m. Police received a report of several stolen items from a storage facility on Route 1.
- 4:14 p.m. A 27-year-old Marblehead woman was issued a court summons on charges of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and failure to yield at an intersection, following a car accident on Sylvan Street near Bagel World.
- 7:10 p.m. One male was transported to Salem Hospital while another male -- a 30-year-old Peabody man -- was issued a court summons on a charge of assault and battery, following a fight at Sylvan Street Grille.
- 8:03 p.m. A caller dialed 911 to report she had been waiting for a space in the parking lot at the Northshore Mall near Burtons Grill and another motorist was not happy that she took the spot.
- 8:15 p.m. A female reported her purse was stolen while she was in a dressing room at Macy's. The purse contained various credit cards, her driver's license and $500 in cash.
- 8:34 p.m. A 37-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons on a charge of malicious destruction of property under $250, following a report that the man egged his neighbor's car in Peabody Square.
- 11:25 p.m. A caller at Sylvan Street Grille reported his car was stolen. An officer spoke with the victim and said the man forgot that he didn't drive to the restaurant.
Sunday, March 3
- 1:27 a.m. Jose Desouzacampos, 53, of 18 Grant St., Beverly, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Tremont and Fulton streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a marked lanes violation and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 1:35 a.m. Police responded to a report of a car into a pole near the Outback Steakhouse. PMLP and Verizon were notified to check the pole in front of the restaurant. A male and female were transported to Salem Hospital.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.