Saturday, Nov. 9
- 12:38 a.m. A caller on Pulaski Street reported someone threw a rock through his window.
- 12:29 p.m. A Fulton Street resident reported someone entered his unlocked car overnight and stole his Massachusetts ID card and Brazilian passport.
- 1:35 p.m. Gerardo D. Cardona, 42, of 16 Sherman St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Aborn Street. He was charged with driving with a suspended license (subsequent offense) and driving up on the sidewalk.
- 1:40 p.m. A caller reported her grandmother on Veterans Memorial Drive was assaulted by a neighbor.
- 2:09 p.m. A caller on Margin Street reported someone was blowing leaves into the street. An officer spoke to the landlord of the property who said he was just taking a break and would clean up the leaves.
- 2:58 p.m. A caller reported a white female in her 50s with gray or blonde hair, glasses and dressed all in blue approached a 14-year-old near the Cheesecake Factory and asked him to buy drugs for her. Two women, 58 and 26, and a 26-year-old man were subsequently issued no trespassing orders on the Northshore Mall property for two years.
- 3:41 p.m. A caller reported six to eight youths were throwing rocks at ducks in Springs Pond. An officer located the juveniles and sent them on their way.
- 5:12 p.m. A caller reported three accounts were fraudulently opened in his name at the Apple Store in the mall using his Verizon account.
- 6:02 p.m. A Peabody man reported he lost his wallet earlier in the day and his debit cards were fraudulently being used for purchases.
- 9:28 p.m. Police said the rear window on a black Nissan Murano parked at the mall was smashed, but nothing appeared to be missing.
Sunday, Nov. 10
- 5:55 a.m. A caller reported there was an unconscious female in the back of a taxi at Tedeschi Food Shops. Police said the female was originally picked up at a residence in Salem and did regain consciousness. She was taken to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- 10:05 a.m. Francis Heredia-Rijo, 21, of 526 Western Ave. #8, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Washington Street near Mallia's Towing. He was charged with driving with a suspended license, a revoked registration, attaching plates, operating an uninsured vehicle and not having a valid inspection sticker.
- 1:37 p.m. An employee at Shaw's Supermarket reported a shoplifter. Police said the suspect vehicle fled the area and the store would handle the matter.
- 3:04 p.m. Carl A. Vitello, 27, of Revere, was arrested, following a report of possible shoplifters at Sears. He was charged with shoplifting by asportation.
- 4:06 p.m. Police received a report of a male shoplifter, Hispanic and about 45-50 years old, fleeing from Sears on foot through the mall parking lot. He was wearing a plaid jacket, gray shirt and jeans. The man was last seen running toward Kappy's and Route 114, but then apparently returned to Sears, where he was detained and arrested. Mario C. Giacalone, 41, of 76 Catherine Dr., Peabody, was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
- 4:59 p.m. The Fire Department extinguished a small brush fire at Springs Pond.
- 7:31 p.m. A caller reported a hit-and-run accident in the parking lot outside Trader Joe's. The suspect vehicle was a white Jeep with front-end damage being driven by a female. The Jeep took a left onto Route 114 toward Danvers, but then returned to the scene and exchanged paperwork with the victim.
- 8:46 p.m. A caller on Davis Terrace reported his two driver's side tires were slashed.
- 8:51 p.m. Stephen McCarthy, 45, of 19 Martha Ter., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic incident at his residence. He was charged with three counts of domestic assault and battery.
- 9:39 p.m. Police responded to a report of a car into a fence on Glenway Avenue. Police said the vehicle was wedged into the fence and towed away.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.