The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 22-24.
Friday, March 22
- 2:24 p.m. Salem police were looking for a man who fled the scene of a motorcycle crash with a tractor-trailer on Boston Street. They said he fled on foot toward Aborn Street and Peabody. The man allegedly stole the Harley Davidson earlier that afternoon.
- 3:21 p.m. A 21-year-old Lawrence woman was issued a court summons on a charge of shoplifting after she was detained at H&M. She was also given a no trespassing order at the mall.
- 5:31 p.m. A female caller reported she found her vehicle that was stolen from her Foster Street home that morning. The vehicle was located in the parking lot of D&R Market. She said there was nothing missing.
- 7:22 p.m. A caller reported a dark-colored Jeep was driving on the wrong side of the roadway on Route 114 near the Northshore Mall and heading toward Danvers. Danvers police were notified.
Saturday, March 23
- 12:03 a.m. Steven M. Adkison, 28, of 22 Pulaski St. #A8, Peabody, was arrested, following a hit-and-run accident at the corner of Central and Tremont streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense) and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. There were no injuries.
- 8:06 a.m. A caller at a Central Street residence reported someone broke into her house and stole her prescription drugs from her purse.
- 10:35 a.m. A caller at Bill's Auto Sales on Route 1 reported a black 1997 Ford F250 was stolen from the lot. The vehicle, however, was not registered.
- 1:27 p.m. A caller on Essex Lane reported there was a car with two suspicious-looking occupants. Police located the pair and said one of them told officers his mother wouldn't let him smoke in the house.
- 5:55 p.m. A caller reported three males with guns were getting into a motor vehicle near the Knights of Columbus hall on Main Street. The caller did not stay on the phone to give a further description and officers could not fidn anything suspicious at the scene.
- 6:01 p.m. A Scribner Road resident reported he was receiving multiple harassing phone calls daily from his ex-daughter-in-law.
- 6:18 p.m. Patrick J. Miller, 42, of 14 Overlook Trail #1423, Peabody, was arrested on a charge of endangering a child while driving under the influence of alcohol. Marblehead police initially issued an alert, saying Miller was driving drunk with two 10-year-old children inside his blue Chevrolet Tahoe. Officers eventually located the vehicle at Miller's home and, after checking out the situation, took Miller into custody.
- 8:36 p.m. A caller reported multiple teens were attmepting to start a fire in the parking lot at the corner of Endicott and Warren streets. Police said a small brush fire was put out by the Fire Department and the teens had dispersed before officers arrived.
- 11:08 p.m. Report of a two-car accident on Central Street. Police said both a Volkswagen Jetta and a Ford pickup truck were towed from the scene. PMLP was notified to inspect a damaged pole at the corner of Central and Stevens streets and several sections of fencing were damaged. One of the drivers was taken to Lahey Clinic.
Sunday, March 24
- 7:30 a.m. An employee at A&P Variety reported the store was egged.
- 10:47 a.m. Mark A. Hernandez, 38, of 40 Sagamore St. #3, Lynn, was arrested, following a report of an unwanted male outside a resident's door on Main Street. Hernandez was charged with trepassing and malicious destruction of property over $250.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.